Kraton Kraton 6s v5 clicking on brakes but only after 10 minutes of bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My recommendation, do not get the metal covers by themselves, it won't prevent any damage.
Alu diffs - consider GPM, they are cheaper and of equal quality. HR was the most expensive option in the past as you had to purchase all individual pieces.

I'll stick with plastic diffs.
When I looked them up I didn’t see any difference in price between the two…

Possible, last time I looked was ~1 year ago.
HR had the housing, front cover and that little plate all as separate items, adding up to ~ $120. GPM etc were in the $98 range for the full set.

So the issue I've experienced is the centre diff when getting really hot becomes some what fragile.... and expands which in my case caused the diff to explode when skipping teeth eventually... so what was causing the clicking noise was after the centre diff got really hot it would expand and cause teeth to jump ...

The diff case was leaking so I changed out the diff case for a stock replacement which exploded on the first outing .. im assuming the gears were worn down I just didn't notice which gears ..

I've ordered HR replacements hopefully I shouldn't have any issues after that ... any advice with the hot racing ?

My recommendation, do not get the metal covers by themselves, it won't prevent any damage.
Alu diffs - consider GPM, they are cheaper and of equal quality. HR was the most expensive option in the past as you had to purchase all individual pieces.

I'll stick with plastic diffs.
That has not been my experience. On my 6S rigs just the aluminum covers seem to have made a big difference. That said, it's interesting that the aluminum housings are not that much heavier than the composite ones. I think that the screws running in and out of the composite housings is where you get movement that you don't want. I have been OK once I only used hand tools to put those screws in and out, but an aluminum case is a lot less likely to wear in a way that the screws might allow movement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back