Kraton Kraton 6s v5 diff internals in EXB diff cases?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbd6604

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Looked around and couldn't really find a definitive answer on this. Is it ok to use stock kraton 6s v5 diff internals with the exb red diff cases? The cases are the same size, and all the internals seem to fit perfectly (minus the long "D" shaped pieces that go outside of the small diff gears). I put one together this way and it seems to operate perfectly smoothly. Are other people doing this and I just missed it?

I'm fairly sure the RED diff cases are upgrades for the v5. The EXB uses plastic cases, different crown gears, different internal gears, and different tombstones. It's best to assume none of it is interchangeable unless you've got the parts just laying around to test theories on.

I'm fairly sure the RED diff cases are upgrades for the v5. The EXB uses plastic cases, different crown gears, different internal gears, and different tombstones. It's best to assume none of it is interchangeable unless you've got the parts just laying around to test theories on.
I think you're right since the red diff cases don't say EXB anywhere on them. So when upgrading to the red diff cases, you use everything except the D shaped metal pieces that go between the small gears and the wall of the diff case I would guess.

From the diagram I looked at over the weekend, you ditch the tombstones and just use the little thrust washers to keep the planet gears from biting into the case.

From the diagram I looked at over the weekend, you ditch the tombstones and just use the little thrust washers to keep the planet gears from biting into the case.
Tombstones is a way better word for them, thank you. And that is exactly what I did. Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back