Kraton 6S V5, First bash session Broken Part.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLspeeddragon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion EXB
This is my First Arrma brand RC so I am 100% new to learning about this RC.
I broke a part on the Driverside upper suspension. Didnt break the arm, however whatever its connected to is what broke. Hard to tell with the rock guards in the way. Any help one what this piece is that broke, part number, etc. so i know what I need to start shapping for. Thank you all in advance :)

IMG_20210328_120006983.jpg

Best advice, Go to Arrma-RC.com. Link to your Rig. You will need the parts blow up diagram. You Need to do this being new to this RC stuff. Down load the manual, if your dog ate the one provided in the box. This is your bible.

You broke the REAR Upper front hinge pin mount. I recently broke mine. The only time of all my 6 6S rigs in 5 years. User error/ bad driving will brick this apart.
I replaced mine with a HR alloy version. You can also use the EXB Arrma alloy version, or even M2C makes alloy (probably the best). Or just replace with the stock plastic one here, below.

You have a lot of wrenching ahead of you to replace this small part. But will learn a lot in the process. Jump in. Find some videos. You will surely need it.
Don't use the L wrenches!!!!

It will take you Forever and will probably strip out much of your screws in the process. Get Handled Hex drivers First!. Good luck. :cool:

COMPOSITE SUSPENSION MOUNT SET (4pcs) (AR330379) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

Amazon.com: Hot Racing AON08FU01 Aluminum Upper Front Suspension Arm Mount Arrma 1/8: Toys & Games

Last edited:
ok thank you all very much! I was wondering if it might have been the diff housing. and also appreciate the links.
I will be ordering the Hot racing ones. I've been using their brand on my Slash Ultimate since the day i bought it. Been nothing but solid parts and no complaints or faulty products. ty again.

Last edited:
BTW I found this HR part to make my Upper arms loose. VERY sloppy in fact. You will need one extra "thin" shim at the rear of the Upper Hinge pins. This is your Castor setting.
HR ain't all that BTW. I purchased much in HR parts. There is way better upgrade parts for Arrma 6s rigs out there.👍
I regret buying it. But using 2 additional castor shims helped. You need to have extra shims on hand probably. Which I doubt you have.

I should have spent a few coins more for the M2C in retrospect. 🤷‍♂️ Or just used the Arma plastic one. (cheaper) I only broke one stocker anyway.

Last edited:
BTW I found this HR part to make my Upper arms loose. VERY sloppy in fact. You will need one extra "thin" shim at the rear of the Upper Hinge pins. This is your Castor setting.
HR ain't all that BTW. I purchased much in HR parts. There is way better upgrade parts for Arrma 6s rigs out there.👍
I regret buying it. But using 2 additional castor shims helped. You need to have extra shims on hand probably. Which I doubt you have.

I should have spent a few coins more for the M2C in retrospect. 🤷‍♂️ Or just used the Arma plastic one. (cheaper) I only broke one stocker anyway.
After some decisions and reading the replies, I think I may just go for the M2C or even the Arrma EXB upgraded alloy ones.
ok good intel :) what would be the shims that i should have and keep extra on hand?

ARRMA Radio Controlled Cars (RC Cars) - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

They only come with the Upper Front arms. From what I see. Good to have extra, they can fall out and get lost easily. Been there. I have replaced many upper arms before so I have a collection of extras. There are 2 size thicknesses actually that come with it. 2 thin ones equal the thickness of one thicker shim. FWIW. You will see this when you remove yours to replace the Hinge pin mount.

FRONT UPPER SUSPENSION ARMS 120mm (1 PAIR) (ARA330655) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

Last edited:
ARRMA Radio Controlled Cars (RC Cars) - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

They only come with the Upper Front arms. From what I see. Good to have extra, they can fall out and get lost easily. Been there. I have replaced many upper arms before so I have a collection of extras. There are 2 size thicknesses actually that come with it. 2 thin ones equal the thickness of one thicker shim. FWIW. You will see this when you remove yours to replace the Hinge pin mount.

FRONT UPPER SUSPENSION ARMS 120mm (1 PAIR) (ARA330655) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)
OK So I'm looking over the Exploded View and I don't see these shims your talking about.. Unless you mean the Caster adjustment clips?
would ya happen to know part number or a link to like amainhobbies or amazon?

The exploded view shows the Caster clips (shims) as a part only available with the Upper stock arms. (ARA330655)
The picture shows the Clips. Look at the ones you have on your rig. Same clips. I call then shims, because what they do. And just clip into place on the Hinge pin. Moving the upper arm forward and back with these clips by changing them from front to rear changes the Castor angle. But yea, those are them. 👍 Stock Castor angle requires 2mm front and back. But the HR mount I got needed another 1mm clip at the rear, because the HR mount is not the same as the OE mount. If you buy the hardware kit from JennysRC, the clips are included with all the fastener hardware. Good to get that Hardware kit for your rig. Just another option that kills 2 birds with one stone. I got a cheap Husky Parts organizer from The Home Depot and put several hardware kits in it and I have all the spare hardware on hand when I need. And boy do I use them. Just some more Ideas to make it easier to maintain your rig. You will go through screws and hardware. And Arrma Screws are the best. 12.9 Grade steel. FWIW.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...screws-tools-hardware-nuts-t-wrench-ara8608v5

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back