Kraton Kraton 6s V5 Front Upper Arm RPM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qtip

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
This piece snapped off of the car when I was trying to replace the front upper arm with RPM. Does anyone know what this part is called? or a solution to this issue? The dog bone kept coming out, so I opened the arm via the pin again, and that's when this part snapped off. With this modification, it seemed like I was unable to fit the dog bone all the way in. So it kept coming out.
Kraton 6s V5
58af1a43-cfef-4d17-85d0-ccf9bff5224a.jpg

Are they more prone to rust now?
They are aluminum so no. Rusting is a form of corrosion that's specific to iron and steel (because it contains iron). In fact, rust is the common name for iron oxide, when iron or steel bonds with oxygen and undergoes oxidation. Therefore, aluminum can't rust.

They are aluminum so no. Rusting is a form of corrosion that's specific to iron and steel (because it contains iron). In fact, rust is the common name for iron oxide, when iron or steel bonds with oxygen and undergoes oxidation. Therefore, aluminum can't rust.

Yep, it will oxidize and the aluminum oxide actually forms a hard protective barrier for the aluminum underneath. Look at weathered aluminum and all the dull gray bits are oxidized. Takes a long time and you're unlikely to see your polished car parts oxidized though.

Imagine being iron and being so scared of oxygen that you turn red and flake away. Big babies.

Back