This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fullout

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I recently bought a Kraton 6s v5 and boy oh boy is she everything I could have wanted and then some! After 4 cycles on the spektrum smart 6s 100c lipos I killed the stock servo.. might have been cause I never calibrated it with the slt3 receiver and just ran it out of the box. Ended up burning it out turning in the grass running from my German Shepherd haha 😂.
Yesterday while waiting for the servo to arrive I installed a new aluminum front brace mount and a big finned heat sink for the motor as I noticed it gets rather hot after running a 100c 5000mah battery through it. This will help preserve the life of the motor some hopefully 🙏.
The new Servo arrived today with a few other goodies. I installed the new 35kg 180degree servo I purchased from Amazon for 35$. Then calibrated the slt3 to the new servo. She runs great to say the least. Put another few cycles through on her in the yard then decided to take walk down to the local park, and crashed into the only piece of concrete around... snapped the lower front right control arm. I was thinking of replacing them with an all metal Integy set but after further research I hear they are poop. So I went ahead and just order a set of stock replacement for now.
Does anyone know of some recommendations for more durable suspension? Honestly I’d like to replace all plastic parts with metal, to try and achieve a “bulletproof” truck. Any and all comments are welcome! 🙏 Thanks!

-Z

Welcome, glad you are having fun! These cars break from the outside in. Easier to replace an arm than a bulkhead and suspension mount so stick with plastic arms. As @TheCyborgSlayer states above RPM are forum favorites and the stock arms aren’t too bad either. Good luck with the truck.

Good to know. I’ll have to do some research on boiling plastic parts for reducing brittleness.
Ive seen rpm around so I’ll probably give them a go honestly! Thanks.
hows hot racing stuff? Ordered a metal servo mount from them.

Good to know. I’ll have to do some research on boiling plastic parts for reducing brittleness.
The hot racing servo Mount works great. That is the one I have in one of my rigs.

The Hot Racing bulkheads is probably one of their best parts, IMO. Their servo mount gets the job done & I've not had any issues with it. However, I'd highly recommend M2C over the HR when it comes to chassis braces, hinge pin mounts, etc if you really sending your rig. All of the aluminum from HR is 6061. Most everything from M2C & Voltage Hobbies will be 7075, which is superior to 6061. Like someone else already mentioned, stay far away from the aluminum a-arms if u r bashing. The stock or RPM arms are fine. They will break on a really bad landing or if you hit something concrete running 60mph, however, the extent of the damage will be far less than if you had a set of the aluminum arms. My best advice to limiting your breakages is to improve your driving skills & learn to land on all 4's when getting some big air! No amount of upgrades will eliminate breakages from an upside down landing from 20ft in the air time & time again or hitting a piece of concrete while down at your local park! LOL! Sorry! Was that too soon? Trust me, we've all been there at some point! Congrats on the new rig! Good luck & have fun!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back