Kraton 6s V5, savox 1270tg install. Loctite on servo horn bolt or no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbd6604

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to find a real answer one way or the other. Since this is a metal>metal connection I was inclined to use some blue thread locker on the servo horn bolt, but just wanted peoples' input on this.

Edit - using the Hot Racing horn/linkage.

My rule of thumb is to use blue lock tight anytime a screw is going into metal - mostly because it also serves as an anti-seize compound also.

That was my instinct, but I saw that some people said to not use loctite anywhere on a servo. I'll just do it I suppose

I have had servo screws come loose in the past on several RC vehicles, so I put just a drop of blue Loctite on servo screws, especially if the head of the fastener can't easily be accessed to check how tight the screw is. I've never had a problem taking the servo horn off on a servo that I've done that to.

Can't say I've had mine ever come loose, maybe this is because the HR link uses two clamping screws in addition to the one that goes into the servo. I don't see how it could hurt as long as you aren't using an excessive amount of it. It's not like you're putting torque on the internals of the servo when you tighten or loosen the top screw.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back