Kraton Kraton 6s v5 servo linkage question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyLocal

Reaction score
My stock Kraton V5 servo is shot so I’ve decided to upgrade while I’m replacing the servo. I’m still shopping for a quality, waterproof servo if anyone has any suggestions. Anyways, I been watching some videos and it seems many replace with a 25 tooth servo arm as well as a aluminum mount.

My question is: are the Hot Racing Servo Saver the same as the steering bellcrank linkage? If so, is the linkage the part that has washers and is recommended to change to ball bearings (does the V5 have bearings instead of the washers)?? Does the servo saver (or linkage bellcrank), aluminum servo mount, and bearings all needed to upgrade in the V5 RTR? Basically, what should be upgraded since I’ll be replacing the servo? Thanks forum members!

Edit: are Hot Racing parts of quality or should I be looking at a better brand?

I use the hot racing one and I have no issue with it, I see a lot of kraton owners with it in their pics. As long as you use 25t servo your good to go with hot racing. Plus its all aluminum so it helps reduce some flex.
hraaon48sh25-1.jpg

Is the Hot Racing Servo Saver the same as the steering bellcrank linkage and if so, do the washers need to be replaced with bearings?

Is the Hot Racing Servo Saver the same as the steering bellcrank linkage and if so, do the washers need to be replaced with bearings?
The servo saver is the metal tube with a spring on it:
Screenshot_20210821-042512_Chrome.jpg

The bell crank is the plastic arm that goes on the servo saver from the servo to the ackerman plate (with another arm on the opposite side of the steering rack):
Screenshot_20210821-042621_Chrome.jpg

You don't absolutely have to replace the bushings with bearings, but if you are already replacing steering components it would help smooth the steering out.

The DSservos come with a pretty nice aluminum arm. I have the hr one and it works great but had to shim with nylon lock nut to get it to line up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back