Kraton Kraton 6s V5 Steering issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkemo5663

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just getting back into the hobby and need help with suggestions. I have to use a lot of left steering trim to get the Kraton to go straight. I did have to replace the servo and just setup the DX5C transmitter. It was the same with the stock transmitter. I also setup the travel.

Pull the servo arm off the servo and then set all your trims to neutral---then point the wheels straight and install the arm back onto the servo and you should not have to do that much adjusting at all!... Make sure your truck is all powered up so the servo will neutral out when resetting the transmitter trims!

Pull the servo arm off the servo and then set all your trims to neutral---then point the wheels straight and install the arm back onto the servo and you should not have to do that much adjusting at all!... Make sure your truck is all powered up so the servo will neutral out when resetting the transmitter trims!
thanks.

looking at ir closer it looks like the left tire has significantly more toe out then the right. I am assuming I will need to adjust the arm. Ive included a photo.

Kraton 6s.jpg

Just a kind of follow up to this, my EXB Kraton just had new servo put in today
Set all my end points to neutral, put the horn on but I’m getting the servo making a noise like it still wants to move.
It didn’t do it when I set it but put it down on the carpet turn the wheels and it starts making the in center’d noise
Any advice??
Also my servo saver seems looser than it should be but I can’t work out how to tighten it a little? Only thing I can think of is to put a washer under the spring to increase tension but don’t know if this is the right way to do it or not
1 more thing is how to adjust the camber as my left front has way more in over camber than the other one
If anyone can help me with these few things it’d be great.
Some of you know I’m new to Arrma so I’m looking for any tips tricks I can get to get the best out of my truck
Cheers

looking at ir closer it looks like the left tire has significantly more toe out then the right. I am assuming I will need to adjust the arm. Ive included a photo.

View attachment 120943
Mine came setup the same way. Right side toe out. Got it in December. Have seen others with the same misalignment from the factory in other threads. Couple twists on the turnbuckle and all straightened out. I then set my servo endpoints to make sure I was getting full range without stressing the servo.

What servo model? An AVC rx?

Savox SW1210SG Waterproof Metal Gear Digital Servo - 32kg - 0.13s @ 7.4V I wanted a heavier servo because I caught my new tyres on a bolt and ripped one wide open and because of covid causing stock issues I had to buy some Badlands on raid wheels which are huge. Plus to be honest I didn't read the specs on original servo and ran it at 7.4 instead of 6V and burnt it out. To be fair although it shouldn't do it it won't make much difference when your driving as your always making minor adjustments. But thinking about this now if my servo saver isn't returning to its correct position then the servo won't shut off the noise as it will be trying to make the final adjustments to get it back to its start point and that would explain why if I give it a little nudge in the opposite direction the noise stops. As for the servo Saver ive seen that you just need to put some Circlips on rather than washers as apparently Arrma put so much lock tight on you can't get it apart without potentially causing damage to the plastic on the saver​

Mine came setup the same way. Right side toe out. Got it in December. Have seen others with the same misalignment from the factory in other threads. Couple twists on the turnbuckle and all straightened out. I then set my servo endpoints to make sure I was getting full range without stressing the servo.
Hi, but do you know how to adjust the camber of the wheel? my front left leans in at the top a lot more than the the left. its especially noticeable when I put the Badlands on as with them the truck is almost as wide as it is long, more like an outcast style.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back