Kraton Kraton 6s v5 steering not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlpearce

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have had this kraton v5 6s for about 2 months now and haven’t had a remote control car for over 25 years. It’s so much fun and I’ve used it possible 8 times and all I do is take it on dry light grass with a few small bumps on it but quite a few things have gone wrong with it. The latest thing now is that the steering doesn’t work at all. I turn the car and the remote on and it will go forwards and backward but no steering. I can’t even hear the motor if that’s what you call it working at all. I can move the wheels by hand side to side but they move straight back into the forwards position. Would anyone have any ideas at all please and very sorry for potentially such a basic issue. Well, I’m hoping it’s a basic issue.

Check your connections into the receiver box. Failing that, I think your steering servo is goosed. I went through 2 arrma servos last week. Sub $20 will get you a 25kg unit from eBay or Amazon or $90 will buy you a 35kg savox with titanium gears

Check your connections into the receiver box. Failing that, I think your steering servo is goosed. I went through 2 arrma servos last week. Sub $20 will get you a 25kg unit from eBay or Amazon or $90 will buy you a 35kg savox with titanium gears
Thank you so much for the reply and the information sir. I may just contact the store where I purchased it from as it is only 2 months old and had very light usage so hopefully if it’s the servo then it should be under warranty. Thank you again

Thank you so much for the reply and the information sir. I may just contact the store where I purchased it from as it is only 2 months old and had very light usage so hopefully if it’s the servo then it should be under warranty. Thank you again
Arrma servos are kinda known for failing or not taking much abuse. I know a lot of people say if you set your endpoints you can save them but I don't know. I always use the $35 35kg amazon special. I upgraded all my esc's to max6's and run 7.4v to the bec as well.

Back