Kraton Kraton 6s V5 stock servo saver/steering bearing size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys, new to the hobby and just bought my first truck which is a K6s V5. As I am waiting for a charger and batteries to arrive I am going through the truck trying to prepare the truck before first run.
A low cost upgrade is putting in bearings in the steering and servo saver. There are 4 bearings in that linkage and I have tried to figure out the size of the bearings without taking out the steering. Im not able to buy a kit, but I can buy all bearing sizes at my local mechanics shop.

Do any of you know the outer diameter, inner diameter and thickness of those bearings?

They are 10mm x 4mm x 3mm. BUT, Double check that with the Arrma parts list. Get used to going to Arrma-RC.com. Arrma also sells the (4) ST BB's as upgrade parts. I would not go that route at all. All Arrma BB's suck, and are rather expensive for poor QC. But the measurements at Arrma's site are all there. The BB's dimensions match the Stocker Brass Bushings, FWIW. Need to have a digital caliper in your tool box.

>>>>>>>>>>I would highly suggest that you get the whole complete 22 piece BB set for your new K6. TRBRC, Avid, Jims Bearings and FastEddy's BB's come to mind. The (4) Steering BB's will also be in the Upgrade BB kit. And I promise you will need the rest of the BB's in the kit anyway. You will be saving coin absolutely this way. From experience.
Buy Diff Oil, and top off all 3 diffs. They are probably low as always. So you won't destroy the diffs within 3 packs. I run 60k Frnt/ 500k center/ 30K Rr. Most will use these CST oils. The Kraton will liven up and you will not blow out the tires fast.
Not sure what mechnics shop you have there. But these are very small hobby grade BB's. Ideally you want Abec 5 rated BB's in general. The best for these RC models. Just Make sure they are "Rubber Sealed" BB's, whatever you get.
Good Luck with your new K6.
:cool:

Edited.

Last edited:
They are 10mm x 4mm x 3mm. BUT, Double check that with the Arrma parts list. Get used to going to Arrma-RC.com. Arrma also sells the (4) ST BB's as upgrade parts. I would not go that route at all. All Arrma BB's suck, and are rather expensive for poor QC. But the measurements at Arrma's site are all there. The BB's dimensions match the Stocker Brass Bushings, FWIW. Need to have a digital caliper in your tool box.

>>>>>>>>>>I would highly suggest that you get the whole complete 22 piece BB set for your new K6. TRBRC, Avid, Jims Bearings and FastEddy's BB's come to mind. The (4) Steering BB's will also be in the Upgrade BB kit. And I promise you will need the rest of the BB's in the kit anyway. You will be saving coin absolutely this way. From experience.
Buy Diff Oil, and top off all 3 diffs. They are probably low as always. So you won't destroy the diffs within 3 packs. I run 60k Frnt/ 500k center/ 30K Rr. Most will use these CST oils. The Kraton will liven up and you will not blow out the tires fast.
Not sure what mechnics shop you have there. But these are very small hobby grade BB's. Ideally you want Abec 5 rated BB's in general. The best for these RC models. Just Make sure they are "Rubber Sealed" BB's, whatever you get.
Good Luck with your new K6.
:cool:

Edited.
Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy one of the kits. I like to buy local but none of my shops, or the online retailers in my country have bearings or kits like i find on amazon.
Yeah I am already preparing the truck the best I can before I put batteries in it.
Thanks!

Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy one of the kits. I like to buy local but none of my shops, or the online retailers in my country have bearings or kits like i find on amazon.
Yeah I am already preparing the truck the best I can before I put batteries in it.
Thanks!
Buy 2 BB kits, you will always need them anyway with this RC hobby. Wallet permitting. Shipping would probably be the same.
Yeah much of the parts will need to be purchased Online, unfortunately. AMZ is mostly what I use.
A LHS that doesn't sell or have a good assortment of RC BB kits or even separate sized in bulk packs, is not a good LHS IMHO. Have many LHS around here like that. And they can be expensive. I like to support my LHS. But at some point, why should I also become their "$business partner$" There is a fine line. Your LHS buys from online anyway. Why not you. :unsure: This hobby is expensive enough. Always try for the best deals. Need to shop it hard sometimes. Waiting for an Online delivery these days is just a "Thing".

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back