Kraton Kraton 6s vs 4s v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdogcal76

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi friends!
I need your help. I currently have a Granite 3s and am in need of a second rig. I believe the Kraton form factor matches our needs best: mostly street/front lawn /school yard driving, with the occasional VERY small ramp jumping (like the small plastic kind, no more than 6 feet of air). My boys are 10 & 12, so even the 3s we often run at only 75%. We live in SoCal so we don't have a lot of wide open areas, much more urban/street/playground driving.

I like the Kraton’s stance, seems like it’s be ideal for running over grass/dirt and not flipping over much. I’m quite certain the 4s would be more than enough, but with the current sale on Horizon the 6s is literally $10 more so I’m wondering what the right call is here. I want durability, as few roll overs as possible, and something manageable. I imagine if I do go with the 6s I’d run it on 3s or 4s mostly.

So I ask you professionals…do you think the 6s is too much truck for us and won’t be as much fun as the 4s? Durability wise, any thoughts between the two?

Grateful for your help as always!

Hi friends!
I need your help. I currently have a Granite 3s and am in need of a second rig. I believe the Kraton form factor matches our needs best: mostly street/front lawn /school yard driving, with the occasional VERY small ramp jumping (like the small plastic kind, no more than 6 feet of air). My boys are 10 & 12, so even the 3s we often run at only 75%. We live in SoCal so we don't have a lot of wide open areas, much more urban/street/playground driving.

I like the Kraton’s stance, seems like it’s be ideal for running over grass/dirt and not flipping over much. I’m quite certain the 4s would be more than enough, but with the current sale on Horizon the 6s is literally $10 more so I’m wondering what the right call is here. I want durability, as few roll overs as possible, and something manageable. I imagine if I do go with the 6s I’d run it on 3s or 4s mostly.

So I ask you professionals…do you think the 6s is too much truck for us and won’t be as much fun as the 4s? Durability wise, any thoughts between the two?

Go 6S and you won't regret it.
It's just a much Tougher and Better built rig overall..
Has LOTS more replacement parts availability.

And since you're planning on going 3S or 4S power with it ,it should last quite a Long time.
As long as you don't neglect/Abuse it... Like this teenager did >> (Dumpster) haha

You and your boys are going to have a Mighty Fun time!!!

Go 6S and you won't regret it.
It's just a much Tougher and Better built rig overall..
Has LOTS more replacement parts availability.

And since you're planning on going 3S or 4S power with it ,it should last quite a Long time.
As long as you don't neglect/Abuse it... Like this teenager did >> (Dumpster) haha

You and your boys are going to have a Mighty Fun time!!!
Haha!! I hadn’t seen that post, I’ve never actually felt bad for an RC car…until now!! 🤦‍♂️ thank you so much for your input my friend!

Get the exb i would say. Pointless to buy the rtr imo. You get so much more for u money buying the exb specially when on sale.

The 4s is weaker than rhe 3s. The fuze parts like the A arms is now the chassis. U cant get the kraton 4s chassis now. People asking me if i can sell my 4s v1 chassis for 70$.... i have to remind them its a v1. Im selling my kraton v1 completely tore down locally. The v1 has a special place in my heart even with its issues because it was my first real rc.

The v2 oitcast i have now hasnt broken ran is 3-4 times before winter and now i have been seeing broken axles, broken chassis because of the arms not breaking and ripping the whole chassi out. I hope its because of the cold weather people have been running them on. Lets just say the 3-4 arrma plastics become glass on cold weather. I have only broken one A arm in 2 years of canadian winter on my notorious. The 3-4s in winter become glass, a tumble was enough to snap one of my kraton 4s wheels. but the 3-4s plastic during summer simply didnt care. Side landings one tire landing didnt give a dam. Idk about the v2... arrma likes to release trucks during winter... whos going to drive an infraction 3s during winter man

Last edited:
Hi friends!

Welcome

I like the idea of a Kraton 6S running as a 4S.....what I do I stopped running 6S on mine. Get the 6S, and you can play with throttle power on the remote as well as still throw in smaller batteries like the 4S.

As they go...it will give you plenty of room to up the power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back