Kraton Kraton 6s vs Maxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrma6snewbie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I just traded my maxx for a kraton 6s. The maxx was tons of fun and fast as hell. Hard to handle even with the wide maxx kit on it. So I traded it off for a stock kraton v4 6s. Pulled all the diffs out and replaced all the fluids and regressed everything shimmed the diffs have a fresh brand new 6s battery in it and I’m not impressed at all. I put the speed gear on it and still not impressed. It does fly more stable in the air and handle batter but it seems like I’m only going like 30. Is there something I should be checking. The tires don’t even balloon out. Feels like it’s way down on power but this being my first arrma I have no idea. Please help out guys.

Are you using the stock remote? Is your throttle switch set to 50 or 75% instead of 100?
No way. I pulled that thing out the day after I traded it. During the test rip I couldn’t stand it and the response was trash. I have a spectrum dx5 rugged.

Sure though so but looks like I got f’ed. After replacing the front diff, housing, and cleaning out the rear diff that’s was full of dirt and tires that got full of water and are way out of balance. I have my 2.8 badlands on it now and it looks dumb a hell. It is what it is I just need to figure out this speed thing. I see videos and they are rockets but mine is set to turtle mode.

Sure though so but looks like I got f’ed. After replacing the front diff, housing, and cleaning out the rear diff that’s was full of dirt and tires that got full of water and are way out of balance. I have my 2.8 badlands on it now and it looks dumb a hell. It is what it is I just need to figure out this speed thing. I see videos and they are rockets but mine is set to turtle mode.
Try calibrating your ESC. But the badlands 2.8 certainly doesn’t help. I think they’re 128mm in diameter while the stock Copperheads are 169mm. I’m guessing you’re losing at 10mph give or take with those smaller tires.

MX28s are way smaller than stock Copperheads and that’s likely why it’s so slow.

Try calibrating your ESC. But the badlands 2.8 certainly doesn’t help. I think they’re 128mm in diameter while the stock Copperheads are 169mm. I’m guessing you’re losing at 10mph give or take with those smaller tires.
Yeah I know I’m losing speed with the tires but even with the copperheads it was slow. I will recalibrate the esc.

I have both the Maxx and the Kraton. You should definitely be getting a different experience your Kraton. You definitely need to double check the esc calibration and get proper tires on that thing. You made a good trade, sounds like it just needs to be sorted out.

So I just recalibrated the esc. I don’t understand what’s going on because reverse has twice the speed as forwards. I programmed it reverse of what it should be and still reverse is faster. Programmed the remote in reverse and still reverse is faster. I have no idea what I f’ed up but looks like I’m putting the body on the opposite way and sending it
It’s like I’m getting more power in reverse

Re-bind your receiver, go through all the parameters closely and try to calibrate it again

So I just recalibrated the esc. I don’t understand what’s going on because reverse has twice the speed as forwards. I programmed it reverse of what it should be and still reverse is faster. Programmed the remote in reverse and still reverse is faster. I have no idea what I f’ed up but looks like I’m putting the body on the opposite way and sending it
It’s like I’m getting more power in reverse
Reverse the ESC and radio. Then recalibrate the ESC.

I did a rebound and set endpoints and everything and still more power in reverse
How do you reverse the esc

get the reverse switch and motor going correct as stated by the guys above and it should be pretty exciting. If not keep posting, you will get it sorted. Good luck!

I had this happen when I put my new leopard motor and max 6 in. I had to switch two wires from motor to esc. And go in to my dx5 and switch the reverse.
A tip for anybody with burshless motor-ESC combo's:
- Make shure wire A is connected to wire A, B to B etc. Don't mix that up. If it's going in reverse, switch the direction with the settings, not by switching wires.

If the wires aren't correct, the motor will run with less torque. When I put my MAX10 SCT in my Slash 4x4, it felt 'soft', and non-agressive. After months, my uncle made a comment about it, I switched my wires and switched the motor rotation direction with the settings, and it went FASTER and accellerated WAAYY better.

Check your wires, guys!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back