Kraton Kraton 6s vs Talion 6s Top Speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleekone

don’t start none, won’t be none
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Notorious
Ok as far as I can tell - the Kraton 6s is pretty much identical to the Talion 6s internally.
-both run BLX185 motor/esc combo
-both use same diff gearing F/R 10/43t spiral cut.
-both come stock with same center diff gearing12/50t
-pretty much same profile body, shocks etc

So how is it the Kraton is rated 60mph and the Talion 70mph...what gives the Talion the extra speed?? What am I missing??

Tires and wheels I assume.
Agreed!
I'd say 99% is the tires and pinion gear used. The Katar wheels/tires are very narrow and significantly lighter.

I found the Kraton V4 tires balloon very badly above 60 and become highly unstable. My best on original tires was 65mph with the speed pinion installed. With a Spool and larger gearing (37/34) I hit 96 mph using GRP 1/8 belted tires, on all Stock electronics.

Plenty of speed/power in both models with the BLX 185 system!

-Liberty

Yes I see that now! The top speed is rated with the optional pinion, and the talion has the 20t. Thanks everyone for the info!

so really with a good 20t and some belted tires Ishould be able to get the Kraton top speed up there..?! (Which is what I’m doing this weekend!) ??

Well the belted tires will affect your top speed and make the truck a little slower, but you’ll definitely be up there.

Yes I see that now! The top speed is rated with the optional pinion, and the talion has the 20t. Thanks everyone for the info!

so really with a good 20t and some belted tires Ishould be able to get the Kraton top speed up there..?! (Which is what I’m doing this weekend!) ??
Just know there is a difference in tire diameter too, which makes a difference in top speed and heat too. A larger tire will give you a higher speed at a given RPM, but what isn’t well known is the ability to put that power down with large tires is difficult. The smaller tires allow you to hit higher speeds because the car keeps the front wheels down. The lower ride height also factors in this, but you can force this even with larger tires.

0A4BF66C-CE2D-409C-89AE-AAA96BB3691B.jpeg

3F34181C-597D-4BD3-BD63-500D5070138C.jpeg

If you are going to gear up on the Kraton, I'd be keeping an close eye on the temps. I suspect it was geared lower than the Talion for this very reason.

If you are going to gear up on the Kraton, I'd be keeping an close eye on the temps. I suspect it was geared lower than the Talion for this very reason.
Good advice right here. My 21t in the senton gets it very hot. I can only imagine a kraton.

I agree on temps. I’m running dual Yeah Racing fans on the motor and the Yeah Racing Tornado on the ESC. Noticed significant temp drops after installing and running some pretty hard speed runs using 16t pinion- 2 packs back to back.
image.jpg

I agree on temps. I’m running dual Yeah Racing fans on the motor and the Yeah Racing Tornado on the ESC. Noticed significant temp drops after installing and running some pretty hard speed runs using 16t pinion- 2 packs back to back.
View attachment 52602
Do you run that Yeah esc fan along with the stock esc fan?

Do you run that Yeah esc fan along with the stock esc fan?
Nope. I made a bracket to mount the YR to the ESC. OEM fan is 35x35mm. The YR is 30x30mm, so didn’t quite fit without an additional bracket. The YR is way more powerful than the stock fan - sounds like a jet engine firing up now! ?

Nope. I made a bracket to mount the YR to the ESC. OEM fan is 35x35mm. The YR is 30x30mm, so didn’t quite fit without an additional bracket. The YR is way more powerful than the stock fan - sounds like a jet engine firing up now! ?

? Wise choice, the slower stock fan would just impede the airflow from the far faster YR fan... then many times more so when the stock fan inevitably stopped working.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back