Kraton Kraton 6s vs Traxxas sledge 6s vxl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin_McCubbin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Typhon TLR
Has anyone seen the new Traxxas Sledge 6S VXL. It looks like Traxxas copied the Kraton 6s design. The chassis is extremely similar since they finally went to metal chassis and even have hole in the middle under the spur gear. Even the spoiler looks nearly identical. However, The motor mount situation is completely different and given the location of the motor it seems that it would be very challenging to upgrade the motor without many modifications. However, just asking what everyone else thinks. I think that $800 is too much for that rtr. That being said I have a Kraton EXB 1/8 and have more than that into mine, but I also use the same remote for numerous cars and my Tek RC 370TBL "Black Label" Waterproof Servo is far better than the stock Traxxas one and I will take my Castle MMX8S esc over any stock Traxxas junk. But the car is interesting to say the least.

Has anyone seen the new Traxxas Sledge 6S VXL. It looks like Traxxas copied the Kraton 6s design. The chassis is extremely similar since they finally went to metal chassis and even have hole in the middle under the spur gear. Even the spoiler looks nearly identical. However, The motor mount situation is completely different and given the location of the motor it seems that it would be very challenging to upgrade the motor without many modifications. However, just asking what everyone else thinks. I think that $800 is too much for that rtr. That being said I have a Kraton EXB 1/8 and have more than that into mine, but I also use the same remote for numerous cars and my Tek RC 370TBL "Black Label" Waterproof Servo is far better than the stock Traxxas one and I will take my Castle MMX8S esc over any stock Traxxas junk. But the car is interesting to say the least.
If you want something similar as your Kraton have a look at the TC Kronos XTR 2022.(y)

I have k6s exb and sledge. With the amount of money I’ve spent on the sledge to get it bash worthy I could have 2 decked out k6s exb

even have hole in the middle under the spur gear.
This might shock you but that has been a design feature since the 70s.

Arrma didn't come up with the truggy design. They didn't even come up with the RTR truggy concept. Tbh an Arrma doesn't look massively different from the classic buggy layout that became prevalent in the late 90s early 2000s.

I almost bought a Sledge when they were released but glad I didn't. They seem fairly troublesome, especially when you factor in the price tag

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back