Kraton Kraton 6s weak parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Team Dmrc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Im a new owner of a Kraton 6s Blx. I got it because I needed a good basher rig. So far every time I drive this thing something breaks. The front dog bones bend all the time or pull out of the cup.
Any mods suggestions to make this thing reliable? Oh and I have not even been hard on this thing what so ever.
PS the Spectrum remote it came with is Faulty and crappy. Thing stays wide open throttle intermittently anyone else have that issue?

Im a new owner of a Kraton 6s Blx. I got it because I needed a good basher rig. So far every time I drive this thing something breaks. The front dog bones bend all the time or pull out of the cup.
Any mods suggestions to make this thing reliable? Oh and I have not even been hard on this thing what so ever.
PS the Spectrum remote it came with is Faulty and crappy. Thing stays wide open throttle intermittently anyone else have that issue?

No but welcome to the forum!

The stx2 is not a good radio that wouldbe the number one thing to upgrade. If you want a cheap good radio the Dumborc 6channel+gyro for 35$ on banggood is almost unbeatable for the price but i you want something more fancy with a screen and memory for your future rigs you to decide
Because arrma is owned by horizon they don't have the choice to include a spektrum radio even if the dam thing sucks

I feel if you ditch the stock radio, which has been well documented as being a big ol pile of crap, it will help you control your vehicle better, better control = less broken parts.

You can upgrade that thing to the moon. There are many threads in the Kraton category on making it more reliable, do a search or scroll through the posts.I believe there is also a sticky for Kraton upgrades. Start off by changing out the radio. For insurance, get yourself a set of sealed bearings and front and rear aluminum chassis braces to keep from bending the chassis. Replace when you break stuff with upgraded parts.

Rpm arms, don’t use the shims behind the pillar balls and get a Flysky Noble NB4. Just my thoughts anyway. ?

Thanks for the feedback.I have a new remote but im just wondering what the must have upgrades for this thing are.
Definitely servo and cvd drive shafts are trash but anything else?

Thanks for the feedback.I have a new remote but im just wondering what the must have upgrades for this thing are.

Servo.
Servo mount.
Aluminum chassis braces.
If or when you break a stock a arm replace them with Rpm.
Keep on eye on your center diff, if it looks like something is getting flung around inside the chassis is it leaking and a dry center diff can spell disaster.
15675-bb8f6be375f489f4ff8d7f65b50de2b3.jpg

Drive shafts are fine unless you are nose diving or landing on the front wheels, I'm still on my second set after a little over 2 years. They do need to be replaced though as they are getting a little worn out.

Don't understand the front drive issue. The only time I've ever had 1 pop out is when a pillow ball back out a little.

After a year of regularly jumping 10-15' high (on dirt) and hitting a few trees, the only broken parts are a stock rear wing mount,(though I've bent many of the rear bolts) and rear bulkhead. Granted, the chassis, braces and towers are all upgraded.

Last edited:
U
Welcome to the forum. Yeah love the Kraton 6s and you are getting some great advice. I went back to the Tactic radio, couldn’t stand the spectrum. I haven’t had issues with the dog bones since removing the front arm spacers. Also watch the drive cups sometimes they will bend and make the opening wider. Between that and adjusting my drup screws that has taken care of a lot of my driveshaft problems. Outside of that based on your bashing style, I would recommend a HR center diff, rpm arms, and some sealed bearings. Bash on brother ??

If something is breaking every single time you drive it then you need to examine your driving. Seriously. Are you slamming it into things every time? Front CVD's only bend on catashophic impacts.

Trash? My trucks didn't include any "trash." Some components maybe could be improved with more investment but value / what we get for the investment is there multi-fold.
What do you like about both Arrma trucks you own?

Also, being truly curious, you could try searching or check stickies regarding the upgrades. "Must have" is personal thing and these musts are always handled quickly by Arrma.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back