Kraton Kraton 6s won't turn to full right lock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I have a Kraton 6s V5 RTR. It is fully stock as far as the electronics are concerned, aside from a DX3 transmitter and receiver that I bought from Jenny's RC out of an Outcast 6s EXB. It still has the stock ESC, motor and servo.

The issue I'm having is that the steering will not turn to full right lock. It will turn to full left lock no problem, but not full right. We bought the K6S for our dog to chase, and the lack of right steering makes it difficult to out maneuver her, so I just end up going in a big counter-clockwise oval.

With the truck turned off, I can manually turn the wheels/servo to full left and right lock with no issue, so there's no problem with the hardware as far as binding or maxing out the steering travel.

I tried to set steering endpoints both on the transmitter and through the Spektrum Dashboard app, but never had any luck. On the Spektrum Dashboard app, I max out left turning at ~93% travel, but right steering won't move past ~80% travel. The first pic shows an underside view of how close the left steering plate gets to the lower A-arm. The second pic shows an underside view of how much further away the right steering plate is from the lower A-arm.

I tried moving the servo arm one notch so the "centered" position starts further right, but when I did that had to crank my steering trim fully left to get the truck to go nearly straight, leaving no room for adjustment.

I also considered adjusting the turnbuckles to shift the "centered" position further right, but I'd run into the same issue regarding not having enough steering trim and the steering turn buckles were already at their minimum length, so there was no room for adjustment. The third pic shows that the steering turn buckles are already at their shortest length.

I'm looking for advice on what might give me full steering operation. I plan on upgrading to a more powerful servo once the stock S652 dies, but I don't want to shell out money until I really need to.

Thanks

20220814_144736505_iOS.jpg

20220814_144741818_iOS.jpg

20220814_150057367_iOS.jpg

Looking your pics, my guess is it's binding because its jamming. The angles do look extreme. Maybe try turnbuckle adjustments
Look at this: when servo tries to turn right, it's jamming into the left position. I believe the tie rods need to be turned around too. It would at least relieve stress.
Screenshot_20220814-131013_Samsung Internet.jpg

When that turnbuckle pushes straight towards axle, it's jamming.
Remove the horn, and try manually pushing back and forth. Should be easiest way to see where a binding issue happening.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
Reset your dashboard ap programming to defaults.
Disconnect your servo arm. Power up the truck making
certain the servo centers.
Shut off the truck. Check to be sure the steering trim knob and also (it is has them) expo and throttle knobs on your radio are set to center. Turn your wheels straight, manually, with the truck still off and the arm off.
install the servo arm without moving the wheels or the output shaft of the servo.
Recalibrate your transmitter with your ESC buttons and go through the neutral/throttle/reverse setup and steering setup.
Turn on transmitter, then truck, and check your steering. Should be groovy. SET STEERING ENDPOINTS! Adjust steering trim pot as necessary to make her go straight.
Be careful of your dog, dogs can be easily injured (sometimes severely) by 6S Arrmas. IMHO, playing with dogs with a powerful and fast RC has Bad Idea written all over it. I never even power up a truck unless I know there are no pets or kids anywhere in sight.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks @Dan b! Following your instructions I was finally able to calibrate everything and set the steering end points to just before full left and right lock.

It took about 1.5-2 hours, which I'm chocking up to my lack of experience and Spektrum's ESC/transmitter/receiver being not very user friendly without the use of their programming box/servo driver tools. There were numerous times I was able to set steering end points and then could not for the life of me get the ESC to recognize throttle and brake end points. Numerous resets and running through your list eventually resulted in a truck with full throttle, reverse and steering. Thanks so much for your help!

I appreciate your concern for our dog and I'm always very careful. We don't play with her truck until at least 2 hours after she has eaten so she doesn't get bloat/flipped stomach. We also limit her running to no more than 10 minutes, to make sure she doesn't over-exert herself and give her plenty of cold water. Finally having full steering will allow me to out maneuver her, the truck was already fast enough at about 75% throttle to stay ahead of her.

Thanks @Dan b! Following your instructions I was finally able to calibrate everything and set the steering end points to just before full left and right lock.

It took about 1.5-2 hours, which I'm chocking up to my lack of experience and Spektrum's ESC/transmitter/receiver being not very user friendly without the use of their programming box/servo driver tools. There were numerous times I was able to set steering end points and then could not for the life of me get the ESC to recognize throttle and brake end points. Numerous resets and running through your list eventually resulted in a truck with full throttle, reverse and steering. Thanks so much for your help!

I appreciate your concern for our dog and I'm always very careful. We don't play with her truck until at least 2 hours after she has eaten so she doesn't get bloat/flipped stomach. We also limit her running to no more than 10 minutes, to make sure she doesn't over-exert herself and give her plenty of cold water. Finally having full steering will allow me to out maneuver her, the truck was already fast enough at about 75% throttle to stay ahead of her.
Awesome man, I’m glad it helped to get you sorted. Was reading your dog notes, I guess you like your dog for sure, lol. I was just saying, don’t hit her with your truck. 😊
p.s. Love your avatar!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back