Kraton Kraton EXB “XL”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the windows done... added some arrma love haha.
38AB3A9A-57E5-4C43-901B-1C93BD609138.jpeg
6D67F37B-02DC-4252-BF6E-E82D4D5FC6A7.jpeg
2776B035-954F-4192-B2F6-A020C908E460.jpeg
06341B23-8160-4B40-922D-BAD24BF23BB1.jpeg

Ok, so now that the pinion is dry and I can take this thing for a proper bashing.... sure why not use 8s in this beast... OMG! ???

20T pinion and 8S in this thing is like dynamite.... there is so much power I don’t know what to do with it all!

only thing I wish I could figure out is why it snaps out of reverse so hard. There is no brake to it or delay it’s instantaneous and it’s viscous. So I try not to go backwards to fast or often lol. The one and only time I flipped this thing on it’s lid was when I was coming off of reverse and it just flipped 1.5 times and landed on its lid. I went to settings to try and see if it was on crawler mode or something but nope, it was setup correctly as far as I know.

also, in the mood for high power... I also threw my center diff together with 1m weight. a Robinson racing hardened spur and alum arrma diff case..
E34C9C1A-3277-4CF8-A09A-F5E49A5BA25E.jpeg
D3BA2F34-2C0B-4A5C-8F36-3B30BBCC1754.jpeg

I will try and get out and get some videos of the explosive power soon.

Last edited:
Did you need to do many mods to male the 8s motor fit ? Im.thinking of doing the mojave chassis on my outcast and make it xl. I loved the buikd you did a great job!!

Finally got a video done of some 8s footage.

let me know how you like it!

Definitely looks better than the kraton body, (I’m biased I hate the kraton body) the wheel wells not lining up with the wheels gets my ocd going though.

Did you need to do many mods to male the 8s motor fit ? Im.thinking of doing the mojave chassis on my outcast and make it xl. I loved the buikd you did a great job!!
Thank you! As for the motor mount, it fits perfect nothing special needed. I will say though... it’s about the biggest motor that will fit... It’s perfect. As for doing the Mojave chassis. DO IT , you’ll thank yourself ? ????
Definitely looks better than the kraton body, (I’m biased I hate the kraton body) the wheel wells not lining up with the wheels gets my ocd going though.
I like the kraton bodies ok, but I definetly like the Jeep and especially the blue Silverado body I did much better :) the Silverado body fits the kraton XL much better..
DE0EA45F-D9B8-4DFC-8577-7F7D6B3B28EC.jpeg
709B9D81-3DCB-406E-8DE3-D62FC1164943.jpeg

Thank you! As for the motor mount, it fits perfect nothing special needed. I will say though... it’s about the biggest motor that will fit... It’s perfect. As for doing the Mojave chassis. DO IT , you’ll thank yourself ? ????

I like the kraton bodies ok, but I definetly like the Jeep and especially the blue Silverado body I did much better :) the Silverado body fits the kraton XL much better..
View attachment 88422View attachment 88423
The Silverado body is pretty sexy, you should get a c10 and a k5 blazer too, the complete Chevy collection ?

The Silverado body is pretty sexy, you should get a c10 and a k5 blazer too, the complete Chevy collection ?
I was definetly thinking about the C10 body. Maybe for a basher body on my new EXB whenever it decides to bless my mail lol. Don’t wanna ruin that special edition body :)

Ok, time for an update on this thing...

I spent the week going round and round about what I was gonna do with this for some towers.

I landed on the new exb towers for the kraton for it. So here’s a list of parts on their way:

EXB Front shock tower
EXB Rear shock tower
EXB A-arms
EXB shock pins (silver)

Waiting for the EXB XLWB chassis to release. ?? all id need I’d diffs and a few more things to be full EXB XL. Ha

It feels just like a kraton but has better wheelie control. And of course you need a Mojave chassis in your life that’s just silly.
I think I need to get a handle on this diff issue before I start doing major mods. That Silverado body is a beaut tho ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back