Kraton 8s - a few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkyenergy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am new here.. my name is Igor, i'm based in northern italy..

I am getting ready to buy my first arrma.. Currently I own a Berserker from hobbyking, and would like something bigger.. I like them bigger and not so nervous.. so I figured that this, maybe with the standard gearing, it would fit my needs.. :)

sooo i started reseraching, saw the famous videos, etc, and have a few questions:

- i have read that in march a new version is released.. is this confirmed? i could not find any official statements, videos or whatsoever..
- if the above is confirmed, what informations are known about what changed? did the electronics change?
- in order to use the telemetry system, do I only need the bluetooth adapter and cellphone holder or do i need something else?
- I've seen that there has been a buyer that got a better/upgraded remote.. with foam wheel etc.. is this the new standard or has it been replaced by the shop?
- how is the spear part supply? on my berserker i cant find anything as it is out of production now..

Thank you all!

Check out this thread...

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/this-is-why-you-don't-go-to-hobby-shops.19203/

Check out this thread...

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/this-is-why-you-don't-go-to-hobby-shops.19203/

thanks, I already saw that.. but from reading through it, it looks like he has a new remote and nobody knows why.. nothing official.. what else changed? does he already have the V2? booh..

thanks, I already saw that.. but from reading through it, it looks like he has a new remote and nobody knows why.. nothing official.. what else changed? does he already have the V2? booh..

It's technically not a v2. They corrected issues that made the chassis and t2t brace bend. As far as the radio, it is due to some issue with the previous radio according to HH.

- in order to use the telemetry system, do I only need the bluetooth adapter and cellphone holder or do i need something else?
- I've seen that there has been a buyer that got a better/upgraded remote.. with foam wheel etc.. is this the new standard or has it been replaced by the shop?
- how is the spear part supply? on my berserker i cant find anything as it is out of production now..

Thank you all!

1) If you stick with the stock radio you will have to use a bluetooth adapter and a cellphone to take advantage of the telemetry. A better radio from the Dx5 and up with a built in screen doesn't require bluetooth adapter or a cellphone.

2) The above reason is why buyers tend to get a better/upgraded radio. Plus because of programming. You can fine tune trim settings, sub trim, expo, rates, set up mixes, etc. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to turn my lights on an off based on a switch assignment...ugh...

3) Most parts are already available. The back-ordered parts are the optional parts as well as hop-ups and upgrades. I'm a bit annoyed because sway bars are no longer on backorder, but the hardware to install them is...

Also, The parts that changed are also on backorder.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back