Kraton 8s - Basher Parts Kit with updated rear brace coming soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veryconfusing

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Outcast 6s
Kraton 8s "Basher Parts Kit" - ? Coming soon ? -

So after twisting a chassis and two rear driveshafts with my 8s not having ever left the earth . . . .and reaching out to horizon asking about replacements / availability of the stuff now shipping on the 8s this is the response received,

~~~

This was the response from Horizon Hobby -

"We certainly appreciate you reaching out to product support. We're not offering any of the newly announced Kraton 8S Basher parts as free or warranty replacements.
We can sell you the extreme basher kit ...(offer to back order)..... But, we're not offering those parts for any sort of out of box issues or to replace OEM parts. If you would be interested in that basher kit. Reply to this email and we can place that backorder for you. This would reserve you a set when available. "

( I redacted the price )
~~~

For everyone who might loose their mind and think this is unfair - well, I never asked for the parts for free and as an early adopter I agreed to buy what was offered for sale at the time. I have no issue paying a few bucks for a brace and whatever else this kit will come with. To be fair they already sent replacement parts once at no cost. I'm sure I will just order an M2C chassis at some point anyway.

Kraton 8s "Basher Parts Kit" - ? Coming soon ? -

So after twisting a chassis and two rear driveshafts with my 8s not having ever left the earth . . . .and reaching out to horizon asking about replacements / availability of the stuff now shipping on the 8s this is the response received,

~~~

This was the response from Horizon Hobby -

"We certainly appreciate you reaching out to product support. We're not offering any of the newly announced Kraton 8S Basher parts as free or warranty replacements.
We can sell you the extreme basher kit ...(offer to back order)..... But, we're not offering those parts for any sort of out of box issues or to replace OEM parts. If you would be interested in that basher kit. Reply to this email and we can place that backorder for you. This would reserve you a set when available. "

( I redacted the price )
~~~

For everyone who might loose their mind and think this is unfair - well, I never asked for the parts for free and as an early adopter I agreed to buy what was offered for sale at the time. I have no issue paying a few bucks for a brace and whatever else this kit will come with. To be fair they already sent replacement parts once at no cost. I'm sure I will just order an M2C chassis at some point anyway.
what was the price? I saw they sold someone the same stuff for $25. Must have been a youtuber I bet.

Last edited:
It was quoted at $25- , If that includes the brace, some screws, the new center tower and new upper supports I will be a happy camper.

It was quoted at $25- , If that includes the brace, some screws, the new center tower and new upper supports I will be a happy camper.
Are you a big YouTube'er as @Streetsports suggests? I'm going to guess no.

I asked hh about this new package. they never responded. They did ship me a new center diff and backordered a motor for me because of the amateur loctite application lol.
Call them. Don't be afraid to talk to a live person. I've always gotten what I've wanted when I actually speak to someone.

Hmm so why upgrade the kit then instead of selling the previous and offering the upgrade kit - at least their inconsistencies are consistent

Ha - I know ... Right ?
At least they did not go the Traxxas route - i.e. .... Bury head in sand.... do not acknowledge....come out with an "X" labelled part as a fix 6 months later - still do not acknowledge the original was a problem.
Are you a big YouTube'er as @Streetsports suggests? I'm going to guess no.

Then you would have guessed right. I follow stuff when I have time to. If you are wondering at the quoted price I got from horizon - I'm an average Joe not a reviewer or youtuber.

Ha - I know ... Right ?
At least they did not go the Traxxas route - i.e. .... Bury head in sand.... do not acknowledge....come out with an "X" labelled part as a fix 6 months later - still do not acknowledge the original was a problem.

Then you would have guessed right. I follow stuff when I have time to. If you are wondering at the quoted price I got from horizon - I'm an average Joe not a reviewer or youtuber.
That's good to know. If you ask, you shall receive! You don't need to be a YouTube MegaStar begging for free stuff ?

They still don't have that screw set (ARA721512) for the upgrade huh, it doesn't show up in a search yet, as a valid SKU? Does anyone know what the specs are for the basher kit screws?
I could not find any information on it but I'd assume its either M4/M5 with probably 10mm or a bit more in length - unless someone with the new kit pulls the screw and educates us we are in the dark what screws are actually being used

Oh well, I asked HH. They gave me a list of the so called upgrade kit, and it didn't include the screws, cut and paste from the email:

Here are the part numbers and the descriptions. We do not have them in a package but you can find most of them here:
UNDER COMPLETION GUIDE: CHASSIS BRACE UPGRADE
https://www.horizonhobby.com/1-5-kr...less-speed-monster-truck--green-p-ara110002t1

Item number Description
ARA320477 Brace Rod Ends w/Pins and Retainers (4)
ARA320582 Center Tower
ARA320592 Brace Mount Pin 67mm (2)
ARA320593 Chassis Brace Bar 164mm
ARA320594 Chassis Brace Bar 211mm
ARA320597 Rear Lower Chassis Brace

Thank you,

Jack
Horizon Hobby Sales
1-800-338-4639

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back