Kraton Kraton 8s cutting out issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saucydreww

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Was driving my kraton 8s on my neighborhood street the other day without the cover and I flipped the thing upside down somehow driving really slow. When I picked it up I realized that I couldn't drive it more than about 15 feet away from me without the thing completely cutting out and becoming unresponsive. I ended up recharging my lipos, changing the batteries on the controller to new ones, and even rebinding the transmitter/receiver and I'm still getting the same problem. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows how to fix it. I noticed that my antenna was bent the slightest and was wondering if this could be the cause of the cutting out issues? Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• E9E76495-D5D8-4040-BD5E-EC057F10498D.jpeg
    E9E76495-D5D8-4040-BD5E-EC057F10498D.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 115
Pull the tube off the antenna. Make sure the antenna wire isn't kinked. Don't look like it is but you never know

Is your k8s the 1st version? If so i had the same problem. Mine never tipped. It just started cutting out on me. I contacted horizon hoibby and after some complaining they sent me a new updated receiver and also new servo. After it started cutting out i noticed my steering went to hell. It would turn sharp 1 way and not the other. At first i got the run around then after the 3rd person i talked to he sent me the sr6100 receiver and servo it ran fine. so now i noticed the V1.5 came out with the sr6100 instead the one that came out in the first version. I actually returned my first truck. I received the second truck and this happened again. I have not had the best luck with Horizon Hobby.so I think they knew all along this problem. And they would not replace the new truck and then they just replaced the servo and the updated receiver. I hope this helps as this was the experience I had to deal with. you can read my full take on the sr6100at frying/dying post

Last edited:
@gotnitro do you have a post on your build? I would be interested in seeing you part list and pic of the car. I don't see many build post on the forum maybe we can get some going so us newbies can get the upgrade bug.

I sure will as I would like to share my delights and downfalls of the k8s. I will start a new post on what I started with what I went through why I had to return my first truck and wanted to return the second but they would not do it. I will make a post tomorrow when I get home from work with photos

@gotnitro do you have a post on your build? I would be interested in seeing you part list and pic of the car. I don't see many build post on the forum maybe we can get some going so us newbies can get the upgrade bug.
Hint, click on @gotnitro ”build thread contributor” badge...

@Jimbobjr you mean that big button that says build thread? Now why would that take me to build threads hahaha. Thank you for that obvious oversight

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back