Kraton Kraton 8s: Daddy Bear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
The wifey likes naming the rigs! don't laugh! haha. I still can't believe i'm even making this thread. I never thought I'd jump into 1/5th scale, but money burns a hole in my pocket apparently. So, I ordered some stuff! ;D

Kraton 1/5 EXB

CNHL Racing Series 8000MAH 14.8V 4S 120C x2 - I took a chance on these as I was really tempted to get the yowoo 100c graphenes. They've been great and have tons of punch, so these CNHL have big shoes to fill. I only took the chance because yowoos don't seem to go above 6000mah.

JX Servo PDI-HV2070MG - I think 73 kg
XLX 2 esc with QS8 connectors
TP 5670 1270 kv y wind motor
SagacustomRC pinions 25/28/31
M2C 8S Overkill CVD outdrive driveshafts 1x

I try to do at least a little research before I jump into stuff and I read about this being a weak point, so I went ahead and preemptively ordered a pair of the m2c driveshafts and 2x stock driveshafts. I also ordered a spare set of front lower A arms because that is apparently also a weak point.

The only thing I'm not sure about is what extra set of tires I should get. I want to have a pair of belted tires to go with the stock tires, but everything seems so heavy and I'm currently at a loss.

Now the waiting game begins!

PS. she named the kraton 6s "Big Bear" and the notorious "Momma Bear" :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
If she ok's any RC purchase I would let her name it sunshine and not care one bit. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
haha for real, she has stood by me while i've bought like 9 rigs since october. She has secretly been enjoying making all the videos, watching davinci resolve editing tutorials and everything :ROFLMAO:

haha for real, she has stood by me while i've bought like 9 rigs since october. She has secretly been enjoying making all the videos, watching davinci resolve editing tutorials and everything :ROFLMAO:
That is so cool! My fiancé totally supports my hobbies but keeps me in check which I'm thankful for or I would be broke! :ROFLMAO:

That is so cool! My fiancé totally supports my hobbies but keeps me in check which I'm thankful for or I would be broke! :ROFLMAO:
haha I promised her this kraton 8s would be the last rc I buy for a long time. I feel guilty even though she doesn't care and umm gotta pay this credit card off now lol.

haha I promised her this kraton 8s would be the last rc I buy for a long time. I feel guilty even though she doesn't care and umm gotta pay this credit card off now lol.
Having her being on board makes all the difference. Imagine trying to enjoy the hobby knowing she's pissed.
Enjoy Daddy Bear! (y):LOL:

20220130_155521.jpg

20220130_160009.jpg

The big boy finally came and holy shiiiiiii is it big. Videos don't do this thing justice!! my poor table can barely contain the beast. Sadly, the only other thing that came for the build is the servo so I went ahead and installed the servo saver so I could get the hardest part out of the way.

Tomorrow my motor/esc/rx will be here and I still have some soldering to do. Going to be a mad rush to the finish line because it's supposed to snow Tuesday and Wednesday and I'm going to be one salty mofo if I don't get to try it before then lol. Amazon better deliver my rx at a decent hour tomorrow!!!

20220201_132644.jpg

20220201_132658.jpg

TP motor is jumbo sized lol. Got everything together and gave it a little test run last night. Really impressed with how well it drives though my front tires ballooned like crazy. Making me think I need to try this earplug thing all the cool kids are doing now. I did try to tie the front tires with some Kevlar but it's only 550lb and I'm not sure if it will hold up on this beast. My proline Masher X hp belted tires came today but it's supposed to be a snowstorm today and tomorrow so no telling when I'm going to get to try em.

Imagine trying to enjoy the hobby knowing she's pissed.
You just described my wife/life! 🥴🤣
View attachment 197114
View attachment 197115

TP motor is jumbo sized lol. Got everything together and gave it a little test run last night. Really impressed with how well it drives though my front tires ballooned like crazy. Making me think I need to try this earplug thing all the cool kids are doing now. I did try to tie the front tires with some Kevlar but it's only 550lb and I'm not sure if it will hold up on this beast. My proline Masher X hp belted tires came today but it's supposed to be a snowstorm today and tomorrow so no telling when I'm going to get to try em.
Awesome build bro! 😎🤙

I got the same system in typhon speedcar.1270kv is a. Torque monster.
Traxxas makes 20million diff fluid.its all I use for s cars.bout the same consistency as putty..
Daddy bear got it going on...

16437833867872266943270384955090.jpg

View attachment 197114
View attachment 197115

Awesome Man, didn't know you was wanting to go 8S :D

You just described my wife/life! 🥴🤣

Awesome build bro! 😎🤙
Thanks!
I got the same system in typhon speedcar.1270kv is a. Torque monster.
Traxxas makes 20million diff fluid.its all I use for s cars.bout the same consistency as putty..
Daddy bear got it going on...

View attachment 197220
It's hard to even imagine this motor in a typhon hahaha. I can't wait to run it with fans and see what temps I get. I dropped down to a 31t so rn I'm 31t/47t. Man this motor has to make that typhon fly to mars and back LOL.
Awesome Man, didn't know you was wanting to go 8S :D
I didn't know I did either haha. It's a whole new ballgame, even working on it is a pain in the ass with all the weight. It's all worth it when you see that big thing flying down the road though. :ROFLMAO:

I actually tested my kevlar wrap on the table and it held up really well. It definitely helped with ballooning too as now the rear is ballooning a lot more than the front since I haven't wrapped them. I hope they actually hold up during use. I might have to do rear tires now and the kraton 6s tires lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back