Kraton Kraton 8S Diff Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCmadness

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
I’ve put about 6 packs through my K8S. Rear diff let go today. The 4 screws that hold the ring gear to the diff case sheared off. Chewed up the diff case and gearbox housing. I have the parts identified needed except for the 4 screws. My manual shows ARA610032 which are bearings, not the screws. Can anyone help with the correct part number for the screws?

27498BE5-3B8F-4FDC-86B2-853768AB94A1.jpeg

Last edited:
Ara703016 for the screws. First time I’ve heard of this happening. FYI, there’s an online interactive manual on the Arrma website.
cheers,
kev

EE91FFAE-A69D-46BA-85AA-01FB82A0EF98.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes it does happen. When you assemble it use rtv on the threads so they won't back out.

Ok thank you for part number and RTV tip! I have all the parts needed to repair on order.

Cool man. Those screws work with the center diff as well.
Out of curiosity, what happened to cause those screws to shear? I always assumed the plastic “keyed” pins that are integral to the diff case and key into the spiral gear were designed to bear the brunt of force and break before the screws would.

cheers,
kev

Cool man. Those screws work with the center diff as well.
Out of curiosity, what happened to cause those screws to shear? I always assumed the plastic “keyed” pins that are integral to the diff case and key into the spiral gear were designed to bear the brunt of force and break before the screws would.

cheers,
kev
It appears that the screws started to back out. They backed out far enough that they started rubbing on the inside of the gearbox housing. Once that happened, it’s possible the screws just sheared off. Ended up needing a new Diff housing, Gearbox housing, Diff rebuild kit, Diff oil and the screws. $65 repair!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back