Kraton Kraton 8s ESC issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper391

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Typhon 3s
Received my Kraton 8s and have ran it 1 1/2 times. First drive was no problems. I was just driving around in the front yard and up and down the street just getting used to it. Second set of batterys was the same just putting around in the front yard for less than 10mins. I had to do something in the house so I parked and turned the truck off. When I came back and turned it on the ESC would not go through it start up flash/beeping/cell check. All it does is flash red/sec when turned on. I have tried charging the batterys, different fully charged batterys, rebinding / calibration, setting the end points on the controller and rebinding. The Esc will not accept calibration when trying to set it up. I have looked online I have gone through the setup in the manual step by step nothing I've done will fix this issue as the ESC will not accept neutral,full throttle, full reverse. On some rare occasion ive have got it passed the red/blinking /beeping by tricking the ESC like turning the controller off and back on when calibrating so I know the calibration was not right but regardless it was passed step stage. It would do its normall start up and arm them immediately flash green light no sound about 15 to 20 times and then flash red/green 3 times and light would go out and you could do nothing except turn it off and repeat the process. At this point I have contacted HH and sent in the ESC and controller. Very frustrating to spend that kind of money and have issuse right from the start. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS ISSUE?

Attachments

• 20191218_094013.jpg
    20191218_094013.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Received my Kraton 8s and have ran it 1 1/2 times. First drive was no problems. I was just driving around in the front yard and up and down the street just getting used to it. Second set of batterys was the same just putting around in the front yard for less than 10mins. I had to do something in the house so I parked and turned the truck off. When I came back and turned it on the ESC would not go through it start up flash/beeping/cell check. All it does is flash red/sec when turned on. I have tried charging the batterys, different fully charged batterys, rebinding / calibration, setting the end points on the controller and rebinding. The Esc will not accept calibration when trying to set it up. I have looked online I have gone through the setup in the manual step by step nothing I've done will fix this issue as the ESC will not accept neutral,full throttle, full reverse. On some rare occasion ive have got it passed the red/blinking /beeping by tricking the ESC like turninning the controller off and back on when calibrating so I know the calibration was not right but regardless it was passed step stage. It would do its normall start up and arm them immediately flash green light no sound about 15 to 20 times and then flash red/green 3 times and light would go out and you could do nothing except turn it off and repeat the process. At this point I have contacted HH and sent in the ESC and controller. Very frustrating to spend that kind of money and have issuse right from the start. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS ISSUE?
Actually it sounds like a receiver issue to me. Do you have steering when the ESC is flashing red?

Actually it sounds like a receiver issue to me. Do you have steering when the ESC is flashing red?

Yes steering works but no throttle. When the Rx gets a signal from the TX the orange light on the Rx will wink out confirming that a signal is being received as long as inputs are being sent . But I don't get that from the throttle or break. So I tried to set the end points on the tx and rebind/ calibrate but I could never get the ESC to accept the neutral, full throttle, full brake calibrations.

Last edited:
Well I have already sent the ESC and radio to HH. We will see what they say. If it comes back all good I will change receiver and radio and see what happens. I did not think about it possibly being the receiver. Thanks for the feed back. I will keep checking thread and update when I hear back from HH. The good thing is it has been raining and I don't really want to take my new rig in the wet just yet otherwise I would be going nuts waniting to drive this beast lol. I was curious if anyone else has had this issue or if I am just lucky...Hell might be operator error lol for all I know. I like to think not tho. So far not digging the spectrum system maybe that will change when things are working right.

So HH just got back to me today and said. The ESC is dead there was an internal issue that they can not fix causing it to not come out of calibration / programming mode. They are shipping out a new one.

So HH just got back to me today and said. The ESC is dead there was an internal issue that they can not fix causing it to not come out of calibration / programming mode. They are shipping out a new one.
Sorry you got a dud, but glad they are sending you another.

Have not had the same issue but my ESC is acting up also. Mine only runs a short time then cuts out and will steer but not drive. Let it sit a while and it works again. Sometimes it just wont work for 10 minutes.

My ESC slowly got worse until it died. It would not calibrate anymore. Sounds kinda like what i dealt with. If It gets worse call HH they are replacing mine. Curious to see if it eventually red lights like mine did.

Last edited:
Just got a new Kraton 8s cannon bind at all. Just flashing red on car and on remote. No response in throttle or stearing...

Wow... no doubt mirrors my issue. No brake and no reverse and won't calibrate. I took 5 min and swapped receiver out AND what do you know.... its working. Mind you this was literally first day out if the box!!!! Tires weren't even dirty!!!

I'm looking to pick one up in the next couple days. Is this still an ongoing issue with them or is it as simple as putting a different radio in there

It sounds so hit and miss. Weird because the stock AND replacement ESC on my Mojave died within a week of install. No overheating, stock gears, etc. HH was great about it and gave me the same feedback; it’s a dud, here is a new one.

In contrast, my K8S ESC has worked awesome from the start. After handing the stock 8S over to the Mojave (STRONGLY RECOMMEND, by the way. That truck on 8S is a lot of fun) When I upgraded the K8S to the Castle MMX8S, it blew on the second run ?

Sent it in and Castle told me same thing; failed their testing and they just sent another. I’m pretty convinced that operating at peak capacity, the ESC one of the weakest links in the chain.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back