Kraton 8S EXB 1/5 with castle xlx2 800kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah i don't want to take apart brand new roller just to go faster I gone run 30t × 47 too se happens..of course i will make the swap to 39.spur but not right now... I don't think he gone super slow on 30t × 47 whit 800kv catles. Anyway this is experiment well see what happens ( mamba combo xlx2 + 800kv 2028 on 30t × 47 ) maybe 40 mhp 😂🤦‍♂️ guys I will swap to 39t but i want to make the experiment...I don't want to crash the exb the first day..but thank you bro..i will post what happens whit this combination
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/172JeLv4pGQYZ2fq2hMav_jhvPy5RMOYb2kBpuxgyUeY/edit#gid=0

Really useful resource! 30/47 with stock tires and 800kv = 41 mph. Very slow for me but maybe it's fast enough for you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/172JeLv4pGQYZ2fq2hMav_jhvPy5RMOYb2kBpuxgyUeY/edit#gid=0

Really useful resource! 30/47 with stock tires and 800kv = 41 mph. Very slow for me but maybe it's fast enough for you!
Yeah I know but again is brand new you fell me..I don't want to take apart the roller right now letme enjoy the outcast goin 41 mhp and them I make the swap...I forgot to tell you is my first electric rc i coming from Nitro...soo if i go fast now i gone crash it 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️

Soo why the motor on the outcast rtr 8s is faster than 800kv??? Because the rtr outcast run on 24×47 or something like that I don't understand why the rtr run faster on that combination whit 1250kv???
Higher kv equals higher rpm equals more speed with lower gearing.

you have to gear up the 800kv motor to match the 1250kv motor speed but the 800kv motor will run cooler and have more torque due to the larger can size iirc.

Hi everyone,
Sorry if this is the same post somewhere. I got really confused about when to use mod 1 or 1.5 pinion and stuff. From what I understand is mod 1.5 is better for 1/5 scale model, and mod 1 is for 1/8 model. Can someone give me a recommendation what mod and pinions size to use with Castle 2028 w/800kv? I'm planning to use the 47T spur gear already installed with the Kraton 8S EXB 1/5 scale. Low temp is my main priority and if I can get low temp along with 50+ mph would be perfect.
Thank you everyone in advance
Usually 1/5 use Mod 1.5 but there are some exceptions like the Arrma Kraton 1/5 EXB it use Mod 1 so it’s not about being better it’s about matching the gear pitch 32p 48p Mod 1 and Mod 1.5 are all different gear pitches so with the Arrma Kraton EXB 1/5 uses a MOD 1 pitch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back