Kraton Kraton 8S EXB Diff Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christo35

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, does anyone have an idea why the screws ALWAYS loosen on my diffs despite loctite blue? I have to renew the inner workings of the diff front and rear every week.

Thanks

Hello everyone, does anyone have an idea why the screws ALWAYS loosen on my diffs despite loctite blue? I have to renew the inner workings of the diff front and rear every week.

Thanks
Do you have the metal diff cups? If not, never use loctite into plastic. You can try using this instead. Make sure it dries on the screw before inserting it back in.

Vibra-TITE VC-3 Threadmate, 30 ml Bottle with Brush Cap Applicator https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VXRM5Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6R64AR74GJ0T189EMAQH

Thank you for your help. That happened to me both with the Vitavon diffs as with the original plastic. I'm really at a loss as to what else to do.

Not too sure about 8s diffs as I haven't torn into mine yet, but my fix for this on my k6s EXB was to do an initial torqueing of the screws, and let it sit for an hour or two to let the gasket compress. Than torque it again. They often can be turned another half to full rotation. Haven't had any more come loose since I started doing this. *knock on wood*

With the composite cups there's always a fine balance between tight enough and stripping of course, so be careful.

I have been having this problem too. VERY frustrating. I do have the Arrma metal diff cups. I resorted to using red lock tight. So far they are holding. Fingers crossed.

Ich habe dieses Problem auch gehabt. Sehr frustrierend. Ich habe die Arrma Metal Diff Cups. Ich griff auf die Verwendung des roten Schlosses zurück. Bisher halten sie. Daumen drücken.
Didn't the blue loctite last?

Didn't the blue loctite last?
Nope came loose. I tried this several times before getting sick of tearing it apart and went with red. I'm still not confident even thats gonna hold yet. And yes I was meticulous about keeping everything super clean and waiting 24 hours plus before running. My suspicion is that diff fluid contaminates the threads and prevents the locktite from curing properly. I'm not sure how I could have kept it much cleaner though.

Ok, But what do you use to secure the screws in the plastic diffs?
nothing. The malleability of the plastic secures the screw. Another thing that helps keep them from loosening is making sure the threads are dry. This is difficult to accomplish due to diff fluid wanting to go everywhere...

As a last-ditch effort you could try super glue, however don't plan on taking that diff back apart again and being able to reuse the cup. I'd give my method of tightening and then re-tightening a shot first

Or, you could try the stuff jondilly1974 posted, I've never personally tried it

Ok, But what do you use to secure the screws in the plastic diffs?
I was having this problem with plastic too, so moved to the metal ones hoping to fix it. I did order some of the Vibra-TITE VC-3 Threadmate that jondilly74 recommended for the future though. I have not tried it yet. Just showed up yesterday.

Back