Kraton 8s EXB Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunkmonkey1

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Talion
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
Hey all,

So, one of my friends just gifted me a K8S roller from that sale that's going on now. Which is great. The problem? The diffs. After reading so many posts on here regarding them, and there not being a fix, is there anything I can really do with it? Other than drive it, tighten up the screws again, and play some more. That's gonna get old super fast. What other options do I have? I'm thinking of getting the Vitaton diff case, but I don't know if that will solve the issue. I always wanted a big rig, but not when I gotta wrench on it all the time. Maybe I should just weld the screws on. hahaha

Swap in vitavon cases, loctite them and just periodically check them. I bought my outcast 8s used, threw a max5/980kv combo in it and I’ve never checked or had a problem with the front and rear diffs.

Swap in vitavon cases, loctite them and just periodically check them. I bought my outcast 8s used, threw a max5/980kv combo in it and I’ve never checked or had a problem with the front and rear diffs.
Will do.

The parts list:

HW Max 5 ESC w/ QS8 connectors
HW 5687 1100kv
Spektrum S9120BL servo
CNHL 9500mah 90c x4
M2C adapter plate
M2C esc plate
SAGA 30T 8mm Bore Pinion - will be running the 39T spur gear

I might get more M2C stuff. But that will see in time. It would be just to see if I can reduce the weight overall. Since that's a lot of weight to move on the drivetrain.

Last edited:
Yea you won't have any problems with those electronics. The problems don't start until you go stupid power like the castle 2028. I had my k8s for almost a year without even checking the diffs a single time and zero problems until I upgraded to the jumbo motor. Castle 2028 is much bigger than that hobbywing 1100kv

Yea you won't have any problems with those electronics. The problems don't start until you go stupid power like the castle 2028. I had my k8s for almost a year without even checking the diffs a single time and zero problems until I upgraded to the jumbo motor. Castle 2028 is much bigger than that hobbywing 1100kv
Thx for the info. Should I still install or get the Vitavon diff cases? I guess they couldn't hurt anything. LOL

Thx for the info. Should I still install or get the Vitavon diff cases? I guess they couldn't hurt anything. LOL
If you want to spend the coin, go for it! You definitely don't "need" to do it though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back