Kraton 8S EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But RPM specifically writes (not for EXB version)?

What kind of problems are they talkikg about and do I need some other gear to make them fit? (feel free to link the articlenumber for the extra gear I need).😊🙏🏼

Thanks in advance!🍺

Not recommended because of the sway bars and the slightly different shocks on the exb. You will need to get the dremel out. I have not tried it I’m only saying this because it’s the only difference in the two models arms...

Just broke a front arm on my 8s blx...not happy. Actually I'm BS cause it broke while testing a ramp I just built and I've never jumped jumped any of my RCs ever before. Realizing this is a massive truck, I didn't land bad and was only 4' in the air and now broken. Waaaa waaaaa. Unreal. Thing is 2.5 weeks old and I have 3 sets of packs through it.

This is where it broke on my RTR.

So I'm looking for arms now too. 🧐

Screenshot_20210814-160353_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210814-160141_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Not recommended because of the sway bars and the slightly different shocks on the exb. You will need to get the dremel out. I have not tried it I’m only saying this because it’s the only difference in the two models arms...
Yup I had to shave off a little bit off where I the shock rod ends go. I just used my knife
Just broke a front arm on my 8s blx...not happy. Actually I'm BS cause it broke while testing a ramp I just built and I've never jumped jumped any of my RCs ever before. Realizing this is a massive truck, I didn't land bad and was only 4' in the air and now broken. Waaaa waaaaa. Unreal. Thing is 2.5 weeks old and I have 3 sets if packs through it.

This is where it broke on my RTR.

So I'm looking for arms now too. 🧐

View attachment 163740

View attachment 163741
The only time I've broken the front arms is during horrible landings (like nose dives and one wheel landings from 20ft plus). I've broken only two controls arms in the front of my Outcast 8s after like what? 50+ jumps.

Yup I had to shave off a little bit off where I the shock rod ends go. I just used my knife

The only time I've broken the front arms is during horrible landings (like nose dives and one wheel landings from 20ft plus). I've broken only two controls arms in the front of my Outcast 8s after like what? 50+ jumps.
Well then I'm baffled, since certainly wasn't 20' high, not even 1/4 of that height. Lol. No idea. But ordered the rpm fronts anyway. It popped the front drive shaft as well, but took off the wheel and the ball joint and put it back. I can still drive it, not hard though. Bad jumper I guess 🙃

Last edited:
Well then I'm baffled, since certainly wasn't 20' high, not even 1/4 of that height. Lol. No idea. But orders the rpm fronts anyway. It popped the front drive shaft as well, but tool off the wheel and the ball joint and put it back. I can still drive it, not hard though. Bad jumper I guess 🙃
I think it might be quality control or a bad batch of arms, because I've heard of other people just running their 8s Arrma trucks and the arm breaks? So you are not alone. Or taking a very small jump and they break. I've yet to break a rear arm. I've only damaged two of them in the rear of my K8S when the pin broke off and elongated the hole on the arms. I've never even done that on my Outcast 8s, and I've even landed on concrete a few times! While other people break the rear arms like they were glass 🤔

FWIW, I have very good luck with the stock arm on the 8s. I don’t feel there’s a need to change them out but that’s just me. I have Rpms on the front though, just to try them but the inability to set droop is problem for me. I haven’t broken a stock rear in ages, if at all……I can’t remember.

cheers,
kev.

I think it might be quality control or a bad batch of arms, because I've heard of other people just running their 8s Arrma trucks and the arm breaks? So you are not alone. Or taking a very small jump and they break. I've yet to break a rear arm. I've only damaged two of them in the rear of my K8S when the pin broke off and elongated the hole on the arms. I've never even done that on my Outcast 8s, and I've even landed on concrete a few times! While other people break the rear arms like they were glass 🤔
Should I reache out to Arrma and say hello? Or does this forum have Arrma customer service reps as members here? Some sites do.
I'm just diaspointed a guess, haven't even really got a solid feel for the truck yet while I break in a pair of new 4s 9000 batteires.
Had it 3/4 weeks and I don't jump my trucks at all except for this new first time ramp build trail today. Legit less than 4' high impact. Oh well, reminds me of my erevo when I first ran it. Llolol🤣

Should I reache out to Arrma and say hello? Or does this forum have Arrma customer service reps as members here? Some sites do.
I'm just diaspointed a guess, haven't even really got a solid feel for the truck yet while I break in a pair of new 4s 9000 batteires.
Had it 3/4 weeks and I don't jump my trucks at all except for this new first time ramp build trail today. Legit less than 4' high impact. Oh well, reminds me of my erevo when I first ran it. Llolol🤣
I would give them a ring and explain what happened. They'll probably send you a set of arms. Not sure though. I've only contacted them for a couple of thing like a servo and some plastic links. They sent me that stuff with not much questioning.

Which RPM arms should I use on my Kraton 8S EXB?
I'm going to stick to the stock arms since I rarely break them. Plus, you can't use the sway bar. That's been my experience.

You can use the sway bars with the RPM arms, I am they fit just like stock.
As mentioned the only thing you have to do for the EXB model is a little clearance work around for lower spring cup on the shock. Easy.

Back