Kraton 8S Extreme Basher Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bingbong15

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Notorious
Just received the “Extreme Basher Parts” from Horizon. These parts are OEM on the latest version of the K8S. I ordered the parts directly through Horizon’s customer service and the order was fulfilled and shipped by Tower Hobbies.

Here is what I received:

D70D216D-5394-4ACA-8878-75D1CBB964AC.jpeg
4C867C07-6E67-4D06-A229-CADBECE513F9.jpeg
09232808-A727-4410-894E-0A44919A94C2.jpeg
19D0A75B-AE19-46FB-A408-1447AC29F8F3.jpeg
8CB393DA-776E-4D35-8D0E-17D11A0424D4.jpeg
907A690E-DCA9-4647-BAD7-52CAAE213AED.jpeg
6ED892D5-3FD6-4F48-8088-C0AF80E43758.jpeg

M5 with length of 12mm if measured from base of head and 15mm if measured from top of head.

yes, $25

Last edited:
Just received the “Extreme Basher Parts” from Horizon. These parts are OEM on the latest version of the K8S. I ordered the parts directly through Horizon’s customer service and the order was fulfilled and shipped by Tower Hobbies.

Here is what I received:

View attachment 69913View attachment 69914View attachment 69915View attachment 69916View attachment 69917View attachment 69918View attachment 69919
Ahhh, so the screws just come with the rear lower chassis brace! Not a separate SKU.

The screw is little undersized for the hole. Both of mine stripped out well the hole did. So I used 5mm longer screw from the bottom and a nut on top. Bizach ain't going nowhere.View attachment 70010
That's really smart!

Honestly the braces still flex plenty. The mounting point needs to be stationary and not swivel up and down. I can easily squeeze both braces with one hand.

The screw is little undersized for the hole. Both of mine stripped out well the hole did. So I used 5mm longer screw from the bottom and a nut on top. Bizach ain't going nowhere.
I just got round to install mine (just ordered them no warranty or whatever) - still not ported my K8S to the M2C - mine were fine didnt strip a single screw but getting those connectors onto the braces was a real pain in the butt ...

I just got round to install mine (just ordered them no warranty or whatever) - still not ported my K8S to the M2C - mine were fine didnt strip a single screw but getting those connectors onto the braces was a real pain in the butt ...
Just got mine in the mail today. Paid out of pocket full price. Thought I'd gift myself a little COVID stay at home project for later this weekend.

I’m curious if anyone has bent a chassis with the updated parts installed? I know mine has been perfect!and I’ve not been easy on it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 77
If these parts are stock on the new Kraton 8s, can I buy the LSDs from the EXB and put them in my K8S?
Sorry to ask again. Just want to be double sure
The diffs on the k8s are far bigger. Wait a while, maybe if they are a hit they will make some for the k8s.

If these parts are stock on the new Kraton 8s, can I buy the LSDs from the EXB and put them in my K8S?
Sorry to ask again. Just want to be double sure
The diffs on the k8s are far bigger. Wait a while, maybe if they are a hit they will make some for the k8s.
Haven't heard of anyone that killed a diff on the kraton 8s yet, these things seem to take anything you throw at them with ease..

Haven't heard of anyone that killed a diff on the kraton 8s yet, these things seem to take anything you throw at them with ease..
I wasn’t think durability but the lsd technology. So we don’t have to replace the center diff fluid every couple of packs so it stays firm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back