Kraton Kraton 8s gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Typhon 3s
Question. I just got a kraton 8s also got the castle XLX2 and 2028 1100kv combo. my plan is to put the castle combo in the kraton 8s and was wondering what size pinion I should run to keep temps low but top out at around 50-55 mph? I do mostly street bashing, no dirt or grass.
And input is appreciated.
Thanks..

Question. I just got a kraton 8s also got the castle XLX2 and 2028 1100kv combo. my plan is to put the castle combo in the kraton 8s and was wondering what size pinion I should run to keep temps low but top out at around 50-55 mph? I do mostly street bashing, no dirt or grass.
Thanks..
I don’t have any of those items, but my best guess would be in the 23-25T range. ??

I don’t have any of those items, but my best guess would be in the 23-25T range. ??
Thanks brother! I have plenty of pinions but they are all 5mm and the 2028 is 8mm so I figured I could save some cash by getting some suggestion instead of buying a bunch of 8mm pinions to test for my self..
appreciate your input.??

I ran a 26t in my kraton with the hobbywing 1100kv motor, you should be good with a 26t in the cast 1100kv, it should have more torque and handle heat a little better I would think.

Thanks..
Which one did you end up going with and how are the temps and top speed?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back