Kraton 8s Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M3DMJ

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and have an issue with my Kraton 8s. I purchased it new and have only taken it out a handful of times. I have a stock setup apart from a 22T pinion gear as it seemed too slow straight out the box. When I ran it this afternoon it cut out and after removing the body shell I noticed the cooling fan wires had both pulled out! The red light was blinking. So after allowing it to cool off fully, I turned it back on and now the motor is spontaneously firing up on its own with no input from the remote control. The power is blipping from nothing up to around 30 percent throttle. The steering servo also appears to have very little power compared to normal. The batteries are charged so nothing silly there.. am I looking at a fried esc?
everything is plugged in and now fans are back working but I’m worried the heat has taken its toll on the esc. any input would be appreciated.
Kind regards.

Dave.

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and have an issue with my Kraton 8s. I purchased it new and have only taken it out a handful of times. I have a stock setup apart from a 22T pinion gear as it seemed too slow straight out the box. When I ran it this afternoon it cut out and after removing the body shell I noticed the cooling fan wires had both pulled out! The red light was blinking. So after allowing it to cool off fully, I turned it back on and now the motor is spontaneously firing up on its own with no input from the remote control. The power is blipping from nothing up to around 30 percent throttle. The steering servo also appears to have very little power compared to normal. The batteries are charged so nothing silly there.. am I looking at a fried esc?
everything is plugged in and now fans are back working but I’m worried the heat has taken its toll on the esc. any input would be appreciated.
Kind regards.

Dave.
I'd start by going through the rebind procedure. I'm assuming you are running the DX2e with the AVC, correct? Before you rebind, make sure all the trims are centered as well as the AVC knob. After the rebind, calibrate the esc. All of this is in the manual. Let us know how it goes!

P E R Z A C H L Y !!! And if you have a bad e.s.c. , call horizon , tell them what happen , chances are they will send you a new one , I've had great success , working in my 6s , and they replaced all parts that had to much lick tight , they were great about it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back