Kraton 8s looking to upgrade transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemesis3

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just a note: I have already read as many threads on the transmitters as I could find, along with the smart telemetry thread from a few weeks ago and I know that some of the things below are in various stages of beta for some of them.

For those that have info/experience on the DX5r/Pro/rugged and DX6R and/or updated firmware telemetry data testing.

I am interested in telemetry data (will also be using GPS and temp gun.) I believe individual battery voltages, RPM, speed, receiver voltage, temperature (battery? Esc? Motor?), signal strength/RF quality, smart esc data, smart battery info are possible?

Along with:

Gforce, ESC generated, and current monitor listed for only the DX5R but not 6R on Spektrum’s comparison PDF. Is this accurate?

What differences does one see upgrading from the DX2E active with the Bluetooth module (not bought one) and spektrum dashboard on a phone vs the DX5 or 6 besides the obvious one of multiple model memory? Better frame times in that there is noticeable more responsiveness? Better range? Better ergonomics?

As I understand the DX6R had a recent telemetry beta update that enabled some of the listed data. With the latest firmware what kind of run times are you seeing with the 6R if you stay in raceware the whole time? Is the telemetry data still wonky?

Just a note: I have already read as many threads on the transmitters as I could find, along with the smart telemetry thread from a few weeks ago and I know that some of the things below are in various stages of beta for some of them.

For those that have info/experience on the DX5r/Pro/rugged and DX6R and/or updated firmware telemetry data testing.

I am interested in telemetry data (will also be using GPS and temp gun.) I believe individual battery voltages, RPM, speed, receiver voltage, temperature (battery? Esc? Motor?), signal strength/RF quality, smart esc data, smart battery info are possible?

Along with:

Gforce, ESC generated, and current monitor listed for only the DX5R but not 6R on Spektrum’s comparison PDF. Is this accurate?

What differences does one see upgrading from the DX2E active with the Bluetooth module (not bought one) and spektrum dashboard on a phone vs the DX5 or 6 besides the obvious one of multiple model memory? Better frame times in that there is noticeable more responsiveness? Better range? Better ergonomics?

As I understand the DX6R had a recent telemetry beta update that enabled some of the listed data. With the latest firmware what kind of run times are you seeing with the 6R if you stay in raceware the whole time? Is the telemetry data still wonky?
I cant say for the DX6R as I got the DX5Pro and I get:
individual battery voltages, RPM, speed, receiver voltage, temperature (battery? Esc? Motor?), signal strength/RF quality, smart esc data, smart battery info, Gforce, ESC generated, and current monitor on mine ..

However in my setup this only applied to Smart batteries unlike here
I don't get any battery info on my DX5R with "dumb" batteries - currently in the process to figuring out why on my DX5Pro

edit: speaking to support - you need to have model and transmitter bound and then go into telemetry/settings and run auto-config to get information from a dumb battery to work

Last edited:
Thanks for the data man. So then the 5x Pro has all the listed telemetry data even with “dumb” batteries outside of maybe battery temp. Have you had similar data with any redundancy you have used vs the telemetry data as I believe it was said as least the beta 6 firmware was throwing wonky data?Ie verified with GPS, temp gun, battery checker, or just observable stuff like “hmm telemetry said great signal but yeah no response.”

Also don’t want to scare anyone off from giving feedback on the 5 series or 6 if they haven’t delved into/used the telemetry data. That is, I am also looking for info on the discernible differences between the stock 2xe and them like noticeable better response, range etc.

Along with:

DX5C is also to be considered. The Rugged is a variant of it. Same identical F/W (Spektrum Raceware)
I have this radio, (DX5C) as well as Radiolink, RC6GS, and FlySky NB4. I am not much a fan of Telemetry though. I only care for Lipo pack volts/ Rx volts if anything and prefer lots of Range. In retrospect I would not have went with a Spektrum Radio hindsight. I use a temp gun to check ESC, lipo's and motor.
The BT module as an add-on to the OE radio has posed many issues for some. don't waste your time and money on that BT Module. Just me.
Others may chime in with their thoughts. Opinions will be plentiful.

I am not a fan of all that Spektrum "Smart Eco" stuff. It just keeps you stuck with Spektrum gear. Marketting hype. With issues.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back