Kraton Kraton 8s Needed upgrades for overpowered motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TITANIUM94010

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
After trying to decided with a EXB or a 8s, I decided to pull the trigger on the...well I'd assume you already know from the title.

From what I've heard, a Max 5 and 800KV hobbywing motor is going to turn the stock 8s in to a banana.......so, upgrades time. This is probably going to be expensive so I'm putting a pause on my other project to fund this one.

Here is my current chassis upgrade list:

M2C Kraton 8s chassis
M2C 3250 motor mount
M2C 3253 Motor mount slide

Which chassis braces should I get?, and for the HW 56113sl 800kv motor, what sized pinion gear do I need?, as one of the sliders allowed for a larger tooth pinion to be fitted.

Thanks!

That motor slide is too small for the pinion you are going to need for that rig. You need the 3254. Guys are running 39 to 44 T pinions for that configuration.

ps.
when your order the chassis kit, it comes with bracing.

That motor slide is too small for the pinion you are going to need for that rig. You need the 3254. Guys are running 39 to 44 T pinions for that configuration.

ps.
when your order the chassis kit, it comes with bracing.
Alright, thanks, any other parts you guys think I should have?

I use a 34t/34t pinion and gear from the limitless spool. Tons of torque and speed.
I got everything m2c but you surely would need the shock shafts if you are going to bash hard

all of the above,
+ 1st thing I upgraded: 1/5th scale servo + receiver box to install the servo (ARA320553).
Powertrain upgrades are very nice indeed, done it myself, but servo-upgrade is absolutely necessary for this rig imho :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back