Kraton 8s no throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^Pretty much of us seasonal bashers shot our load for a while. Time to wrench for March sooner than you think.
For those that like the wet and cold, they will be out there having fun.:)

I just re binded it and recalibrated it...same thing I get around 3min out of it.Fan on, steering on, but no throttle and slow blinking red LED.

I just re binded it and recalibrated it...same thing I get around 3min out of it.Fan on, steering on, but no throttle and slow blinking red LED.
It hit LVC, you just need to wait for a warmer day to test it to see if it was the weather causing it.

I mentioned earlier to check the ESC LVC parameters.
Default is set to High Cut off.
Set it to Low and evaluate from there.
I saw other Default Settings you may need to change as well.
Up your Brake setting. Up your BEC volts. Speeds up the slow servo.
Look over the manual. Page 17.
Program the ESC better.
And easier if you use the Firma Programmer.
Overall, I think those Lipos are not a match for this rig. Borderline compatible if that. Just me.
Lower the LVC threshold. (Low) It will def. help you.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/manuals/K8SDX3Manual.pdf

:cool:

Last edited:
I was thinking that when it first happened because after it happened both batteries were still at 95% and the red LED was slow blinking, but it was around 10° out. I'm not trying to bash this thing yet,just trying to get it to drive longer than 3min so i can get used to it. Now that I recall my E-REVO 2.0 was doing the exact same thing last winter and temps were very similar.Gonna bring the truck and batteries in the house tonight to stay warm and see what happens.
I mentioned earlier to check the ESC LVC parameters.
Default is set to High Cut off.
Set it to Low and evaluate from there.
I saw other Default Settings you may need to change as well.
Up your Brake setting. Up your BEC volts. Speeds up the slow servo.
Look over the manual. Page 17.
Program the ESC better.
And easier if you use the Firma Programmer.
Overall, I think those Lipos are not a match for this rig. Borderline compatible if that. Just me.
Lower the LVC threshold. (Low) It will def. help you.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/manuals/K8SDX3Manual.pdf

:cool:
I will look into these settings more tomm. morning. I was thinking high and low cut off were opposite of each other. Appreciate the help and Thanks again.

Last edited:
Yes, you have to setup that ESC better.
Yeah never leave lipos in the garage or where its cold in the winter. This ruins them. Lipos don't even charge well when cold. 70F best. And Keep charged ones warm untill you run them. But I say the LVC setting No good. It is at High Voltage cutoff now by Default. Those Lipos Have low capacity for a 30 pound rig there. Letting the Lipos stay cold, for charging,running, and storing them is NG. They don't perform well. Lipos need to be warm to charge correctly and fully. Once they physically freeze, while running, they go flat until they warm to room temp again. They play dead in the cold.:giggle:
It's why scale EV vehicles run and charge poorly in cold regions. Even though they have Battery heaters built around the lipo cells.

Last edited:
Yes, you have to setup that ESC better.
Yeah never leave lipos in the garage or where its cold in the winter. This ruins them. Lipos don't even charge well when cold. 70F best. And Keep charged ones warm untill you run them. But I say the LVC setting No good. It is at High Voltage cutoff now by Default. Those Lipos Have low capacity for a 30 pound rig there. Letting the Lipos stay cold, for charging,running, and storing them is NG. They don't perform well. Lipos need to be warm to charge correctly and fully. Once they physically freeze, while running, they go flat until they warm to room temp again. They play dead in the cold.:giggle:
It's why scale EV vehicles run and charge poorly in cold regions. Even though they have Battery heaters built around the lipo cells.
Thanks. I think all that info was on pg17 of that manual. I saw a video earlier of someone messing with all those Punch and LVC settings.

Dig in.
You can dial in that ESC better to your advantage. No doubt.:)
Consider getting the ESC Firma Programmer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back