Kraton 8s on the way! Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotwheel85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hello!

So im new to Arrma but not new to the hobby.

After a long time considering i had to order one today, should be here in a couple days.

This would be my first 1/5 scale and i cant wait until it arrive!
Here are my questions:

Is there anything i should modify before i run it?
Seen some YouTube videos where people reinforce or making the 2t2 brace stronger, is that neccesary if i keep using it as a car and not like an rc plane lol?
Would guess aftermarked parts are on the way.

Would treat it with care, and i would never jump higher then "scale" jump.

Also ordered a 23T pinion to get this beast up in speed :)
Is this the right optional gearing to give 55mph as the box showing?

I appreciate every help and advice with this new big kraton!

Best Regards!

Hello!

After a long time considering i had to order one today, should be here in a couple days.

Here are my questions:

Seen some YouTube videos where people reinforce or making the 2t2 brace stronger, is that neccesary if i keep using it as a car and not like an rc plane lol?

Best Regards!

It's not hard to bend the top chassis brace. Adding the CF tube can't hurt. Depending on how cold it is where you are you might want to consider getting a spare set of suspension arms. They can be hit or miss. 23t pinion will get you around 51 mph. I believe you can squeeze a 25t in there to get close to 55 mph. I ran mine on a 23t and it was pretty fast. You are going to want to adjust the punch and the timing on the stock ESC to wake it up ???

51 mph would be more then enough for meas a 1/5 newbie.

About punch i would try out both 4 and 5. What timing do you use with 23T? Want to keep the esc and motor to run cold as possible and same time get maximum power ??

Edit: Weather is a bit cold from day to day so i must be carefull with the plastic. Temperatures around -1 C

About the cf tubes, is most strong enough or should i look after something spesific? Have to order it online.

Thanks for your advice ?

Last edited:
51 mph would be more then enough for meas a 1/5 newbie.

About punch i would try out both 4 and 5. What timing do you use with 23T? Want to keep the esc and motor to run cold as possible and same time get maximum power ??

Edit: Weather is a bit cold from day to day so i must be carefull with the plastic. Temperatures around -1 C

About the cf tubes, is most strong enough or should i look after something spesific? Have to order it online.

Thanks for your advice ?
I tried 7.5 timing on 24t punch 5 and it was great, a small hit to run time when I made the timing change. I leave timing at 0 most of the time now but if I'm running someplace where I want a little more top end I'll put it to 7.5. I just some $18 crappy CF tubes off Amazon and they're working great.

Thank you Mastaa! Yeah i hope it does :)

What is the overall runtime with the bigger pinion? And how many mah battery are you guys using? Going to start with 5000mah 50C

Thank you Mastaa! Yeah i hope it does :)

What is the overall runtime with the bigger pinion? And how many mah battery are you guys using? Going to start with 5000mah 50C
Mileage will vary quite a bit. When it was like 15 degrees warmer out last month I was getting about 15-20 minutes depending on what I was doing with a 24t and 5000mah 50c packs. Now thats its colder and the packs have a harder time keeping their IR low outside my run time is more like 10-15 minutes depending on what I'm doing. Thats also with the added weight of the m2c chassis so probably a couple minutes more at stock weight.

I'm running 2x 7200mAh 70C packs and get anything between 10 and 20minutes, going really hard on the throttle. It's currently ~0 degrees celsius around here so that takes its toll on the batteries.

That sounds like a decent runtime considering the weight and weather condition!

After a while i guess we would see some nice aluminum tower braces on ebay, found someone that making it, but they ask 200 dollar for it.

That sounds like a decent runtime considering the weight and weather condition!

After a while i guess we would see some nice aluminum tower braces on ebay, found someone that making it, but they ask 200 dollar for it.
Afrolucha?
I don't have one yet, but the m2c chassis has been tested without the braces and hold up well, rendering the braces "useless" ;). You'd rather invest there first ;)

Afrolucha?
I don't have one yet, but the m2c chassis has been tested without the braces and hold up well, rendering the braces "useless" ;). You'd rather invest there first ;)
Yeah skip the braces and consider chassis. Much more of a definitive treatment

Hello!

Here are my questions:

Best Regards!

Based on what you say you plan to do, the only mod I would recommend before running is the ESC punch to 4 or 5. I haven’t messed with the timing though. Some, like me, also change the voltage to 8.4 to get more out of the steering servo. The other thing you can do is disable AVC. Since disabling it I haven’t seen a need for it at all.

As for jumps that are of scale, you won’t really need any body mods. Those who bnd chassis and t2t braces do extreme jumps or take it places where the ground is not dirt lol. The way you describe your driving, you shouldn’t need to modify anything but the ESC.

Now if you want upgrades, a chassis is #1

My stock chassis has a slight twist in the rear. I never jumped it with the stock chassis but I did have a mean tumble that broke a rear arm. It probably twisted it then.

Based on what you say you plan to do, the only mod I would recommend before running is the ESC punch to 4 or 5. I haven’t messed with the timing though. Some, like me, also change the voltage to 8.4 to get more out of the steering servo. The other thing you can do is disable AVC. Since disabling it I haven’t seen a need for it at all.

As for jumps that are of scale, you won’t really need any body mods. Those who bnd chassis and t2t braces do extreme jumps or take it places where the ground is not dirt lol. The way you describe your driving, you shouldn’t need to modify anything but the ESC.

Now if you want upgrades, a chassis is #1

Sounds great! So i must change the punch right away, would try it at 4 then and see how much it kick. After research the diff seems bulletproof, so even at punch 5 it should be safe.
Do you know what stock timing is?

I don't have a Bluetooth module, but i can change it with my controller by reading/count the color blinks on the esc? Did this on a boat one time. Would get myself a module later. Avcis great but i don't see the reason to use it either, just waist of power.

Yes i prefere jumping normal, had bashed a lot with 1/10 and 1/8 so i don't feel i need to fly with this huge heavy truck, not to begin with at least ?

M2c chassi are nice, just hope i can use the stock one for a while.
Afrolucha?

Afrolucha was the right name!
My stock chassis has a slight twist in the rear. I never jumped it with the stock chassis but I did have a mean tumble that broke a rear arm. It probably twisted it then.

don't scare me like that! LOL

How far down did it fell?

Some, like me, also change the voltage to 8.4 to get more out of the steering servo.
this is actually a good one I was considering it when I first set it up and completely forgot about it - done it just now and the fan seemed almost double the noise now - thanks for the reminder ;)

Do you know what stock timing is?

I don't have a Bluetooth module, but i can change it with my controller by reading/count the color blinks on the esc? Did this on a boat one time. Would get myself a module later. Avcis great but i don't see the reason to use it either, just waist of power.
Stock timing is 0 :) and yes, just use the manual, you can "program" the esc without any extra tools.

Thanks for the info guys!

It should arrive here tomorrow! Cant wait now, i am worse then a little child on christmas ?

What is the reason for the option to change the volt? And what is the safest/best volt settings for the esc/bec?

Thanks for the info guys!

It should arrive here tomorrow! Cant wait now, i am worse then a little child on christmas ?

What is the reason for the option to change the volt? And what is the safest/best volt settings for the esc/bec?
By increasing the Bec voltage you will send more power to the servo (and fan) and sacrifice some servo lifespan for performance.

That wasnt much of a fall enough to twist the chassi? Watched many YouTube videos where the truck get a lot more beat then this without anything happen from bad landing. Guess sometimes one are just lucky.

I seen multiple people breaking the rear arms, hopfully rpm making some for the k8s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back