Kraton 8s on the way! Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CF5F2F24-CFAD-4E18-8B10-8AB7FCD7E695.jpeg

3B16626C-59E2-4A4C-B402-B9427015E94F.jpeg

7F14F906-8E78-4B44-AEE8-BBDE67E82A14.jpeg

Here it finally arrived and i just had my first run with this, and it is my first 1/5 scale ever and my first Arrma!

OMG what a BEAST!
The finish is very high on every parts and the body is just amazing!

Im in love guys and i have never seen so high finish on a rc car ever before.
I just sold my E maxx 6s to spend on this rigg and it’s no turning back now!

The rustler 4x4 vxl 1/10 is my sons car, and compared to the big animal it seems like a 1/16 scale ?

Everything seems perfect and it runs very very smooth, it’s just a couple things i want to ask:

The suspension spring on right side rear did grind a bit into the shock body, but if i turned the spring around a half turn it did not grind.

I just remember someone here had to replace them, i don't know why the sprint isnt "free" from the suspension body, when you rotate the spring it just feels loose in some angel and lt’s a tight fit vs front.

The chassi bend around on youtube from high jumps do not consern me anymore after i got hands on it, offcorse a truck this size and weight in stock form cant be sent 10-20 foot without something happening.

Edit: the tires was little flat where it have been standing since it left the factory, but i guess that would be all round again after some runs?

This kraton 8s is very huge, and you must see it in real to see how really big it is!

Last edited:
View attachment 61169
View attachment 61170
View attachment 61201
Here it finally arrived and i just had my first run with this, and it is my first 1/5 scale ever and my first Arrma!

OMG what a BEAST!
The finish is very high on every parts and the body is just amazing!

Im in love guys and i have never seen so high finish on a rc car ever before.
I just sold my E maxx 6s to spend on this rigg and it’s no turning back now!

The rustler 4x4 vxl 1/10 is my sons car, and compared to the big animal it seems like a 1/16 scale ?

Everything seems perfect and it runs very very smooth, it’s just a couple things i want to ask:

The suspension spring on right side rear did grind a bit into the shock body, but if i turned the spring around a half turn it did not grind.

I just remember someone here had to replace them, i don't know why the sprint isnt "free" from the suspension body, when you rotate the spring it just feels loose in some angel and lt’s a tight fit vs front.

The chassi bend around on youtube from high jumps do not consern me anymore after i got hands on it, offcorse a truck this size and weight in stock form cant be sent 10-20 foot without something happening.

Edit: the tires was little flat where it have been standing since it left the factory, but i guess that would be all round again after some runs?

This kraton 8s is very huge, and you must see it in real to see how really big it is!
Congrats its serious fun! Its the first RC I've ever opened and cussed the first thing when I saw it because its so awesome looking that first time you see it coming out of the box. I did get horizon to replace my rear shocks on warranty, but it seems like they stopped doing it so I must have been lucky. First Arrma in a while to come with a good radio system too. I would recommend turning off AVC btw even if you're only going to jump like 3 ft off the ground. Enjoy its awesome!

Thanks! Yes you get that wow feeling not many product can give you :)

Remote feels good enough so that is not going to be replaced.
AVC i just turned it off with the controller adjusting it to zero, but i will check the manual how to disable it.

1/5 scale is a totaly different car vs 1/8 that i used to run, and it was more complicated to carry it around ?

Thanks! Yes you get that wow feeling not many product can give you :)

Remote feels good enough so that is not going to be replaced.
AVC i just turned it off with the controller adjusting it to zero, but i will check the manual how to disable it.

1/5 scale is a totaly different car vs 1/8 that i used to run, and it was more complicated to carry it around ?
I run futaba so I replaced it too but it's nice that you don't truly need to like you do with the v4 6s models. The only negative about the rig is it's really depressing if you run out of batteries a long way away from your other packs ?

Hi All... So is 25t the max with the stock esc and still get decent run time? Thanks J

Hi All... So is 25t the max with the stock esc and still get decent run time? Thanks J

Hello. Im running 23T and 5000mah batteries, getting around 15-20 min runtime, depend where i drive it and how hard.

I think 23T is enough, be sure to get at least 50c rating, now i use 50c rating and temps on the battery is the part that get most heat , around 40-43c temp, so i would imagine with less then 50c and larger pinion you will have a heat issue with your batteries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back