Kraton Kraton 8s purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like mine and would buy it over again for sure. May want to see one in person, it is a big model. Right out of the box it’s not real exciting. You need to gear it up and turn the punch up to 5 and you start seeing the potential. There’s plenty of room in the chassis for bigger electrics.

Did you see the title?

I had the pleasure of looking at one this last Saturday and let me tell you it was very difficult leaving that store empty handed!
You will have to forgive his bended brain ?. I think Ed will tell you to for sure buy the K8S.

I like mine and would buy it over again for sure. May want to see one in person, it is a big model. Right out of the box it’s not real exciting. You need to gear it up and turn the punch up to 5 and you start seeing the potential. There’s plenty of room in the chassis for bigger electrics.
I'd do 23t pinion and at least 2.5 million in center diff right away, punch up to 5.
You will have to forgive his bended brain ?. I think Ed will tell you to for sure buy the K8S.
He seems to be enjoying his. ??

Did you see the title?

I had the pleasure of looking at one this last Saturday and let me tell you it was very difficult leaving that store empty handed!
I apologize. I thought you had a post on the Facebook group asking whether you should get one of these or the Losi DBLXE 2.0. So I wasn't sure.

Here is my recommendation. If you feel you are an experienced RC driver, by all means go for it. If you are ham fisted like @jondilly1974 , I'd stay away and run the plastic stuff he runs. The Kraton 8S doesn't do well when driven poorly.

I apologize. I thought you had a post on the Facebook group asking whether you should get one of these or the Losi DBLXE 2.0. So I wasn't sure.

Here is my recommendation. If you feel you are an experienced RC driver, by all means go for it. If you are ham fisted like @jondilly1974 , I'd stay away and run the plastic stuff he runs. The Kraton 8S doesn't do well when driven poorly.
Originally that is what I asked but i immediately regretted bringing another rc into the conversation so I deleted it, seems like that's all everyone focused on was the losi. I am pretty confident in my driving skills at this point, I'll probably wait for a chassis and 7075 braces from m2c before really airing it out.

I put 3 sets of packs thru mine yesterday for the first real bash, it was stock, still probably #1 or #2 in my all time best to drive and bash, it is so stable, handles like it is on rails and it loves to fly, nothing this size I have driven has even come close to this beast.

I say buy it ASAP, you won't be disappointed.

Tonight, I changed the pinion to 23T, upped the punch, set motor timing and gave it the once over, i'm looking forward to my next chance to go for a rip!

Originally that is what I asked but i immediately regretted bringing another rc into the conversation so I deleted it, seems like that's all everyone focused on was the losi. I am pretty confident in my driving skills at this point, I'll probably wait for a chassis and 7075 braces from m2c before really airing it out.

Ok, so I wasn't off base. Not sure why you would compare this truck to a $1100 truck. Glad you came to your senses. All I can say is it's the best truck Arrma makes when you factor in design and durability.
I put 3 sets of packs thru mine yesterday for the first real bash, it was stock, still probably #1 or #2 in my all time best to drive and bash, it is so stable, handles like it is on rails and it loves to fly, nothing this size I have driven has even come close to this beast.

I say buy it ASAP, you won't be disappointed.

Tonight, I changed the pinion to 23T, upped the punch, set motor timing and gave it the once over, i'm looking forward to my next chance to go for a rip!

Truth right there, but many won't want to hear it ???

Ok, so I wasn't off base. Not sure why you would compare this truck to a $1100 truck. Glad you came to your senses. All I can say is it's the best truck Arrma makes when you factor in design and durability.

Truth right there, but many won't want to hear it ???
I mean its only a 200 dollar difference which is not much when it comes to these big ass trucks and their part costs. ??‍♂️ I may have to have both!

I love the 8s Kraton, but I guess I would fall into the ham fisted section for drivers. It is a big rig with very little forgiveness if you wreck. That said I am stubborn as hell and determined to retool and adjust, but if you think you can just go out and bash that rig like the 1/8 scale rigs beware. I agree with Bickety it is the best designed rig I’ve seen from Arrma. Bash on ??
It's done, proud owner of an orange one right here! Grabbed two 7600 75c lectron pro hardcase batts, 20 million weight and a 23t RR pinion. Also got the carbon fiber tube to reinforce the upper brace coming in tomorrow. ??
How do you like the 20 million? The 2.5 seems all out of stock.

Last edited:
I love the 8s Kraton, but I guess I would fall into the ham fisted section for drivers. It is a big rig with very little forgiveness if you wreck. That said I am stubborn as hell and determined to retool and adjust, but if you think you can just go out and bash that rig like the 1/8 scale rigs beware. I agree with Bickety it is the best designed rig I’ve seen from Arrma. Bash on ??

How do you like the 20 million? The 2.5 seems all out of stock.
Haven't opened it up yet, I'll be going through the diffs Sunday.

Attachments

• 20191213_190215.jpg
    20191213_190215.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20191213_190205.jpg
    20191213_190205.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20191213_184716.jpg
    20191213_184716.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 20191213_185434.jpg
    20191213_185434.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20191213_185932.jpg
    20191213_185932.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 20191213_185444.jpg
    20191213_185444.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20191213_190200.jpg
    20191213_190200.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Less room for error=a drained wallet.
I am glad the 8S is available unlike the Infr. and Limitl. was when released.

I picked one up the other day - uh, for my son...ya, ya that’s the ticket. ?
Can’t drive it till Santa shows up! ?
Thinking of picking another one up to play with in the mean time till the reindeer get in gear! ??????

I picked one up the other day - uh, for my son...ya, ya that’s the ticket. ?
Can’t drive it till Santa shows up! ?
Thinking of picking another one up to play with in the mean time till the reindeer get in gear! ??????
It is very fun, the out of the box handling is something else! I threw together a makeshift ramp and had a blast on my maiden run, the lectron pro 7600s had a great run time even with continuous WOT deep grass field passes. Can't wait to get the 23t pinion and thicker center diff fluid in there. Also going to bump up the timing and crank the punch up. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back