Kraton Kraton 8S runtime

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r4nd0m

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
Hello chaps,

full disclosure, not a hardcore basher like some on here - more like the enthusiast who likes good fun on a day out at the field, sand pit or bmx track. I got a few 1/10 models but was always tempted for something bigger - well you guessed it the 8S is sitting on the bench waiting for the packs to arrive but as I haven't found anyone mentioning this I wonder what sort of runtime people get on theirs and with what size packs.

Cant wait for the weekend to take this monster out.

cheers
r4n

Thanks @bicketybam I was considering larger packs but settled for the smart spektrum for the moment - seeing how you push and send it I may get longer times on those already ?

was the 23T upgrade really necessary from stock or is that just how you like to roll?

Thanks @bicketybam I was considering larger packs but settled for the smart spektrum for the moment - seeing how you push and send it I may get longer times on those already ?

was the 23T upgrade really necessary from stock or is that just how you like to roll?
That's how he (and a lot of us roll??) between the 23t pinion, diff oil increase and the max5 esc, it woke that beast up!!! ❤? @bicketybam did his research and brought her to life! Can't wait to get mine in a few months! My wife would divorce me if I bought one right now after buying the kraton v4 (and the traxxas erevo 2.0, rustler 3s before) and dumping about 2k into the kraton (new radio, all upgraded parts) then buying a 10the anniversary edition outcast ??? but you're going to love that rig brother! ????

I don't roll at 39 mph. That's way too slow ?

Someone on here also turned the avc of at the receiver, advanced the timing a little and was doing wheelies all over the place. I’d say do try that and a 23t pinion and see what temps you get.

Hello chaps,

full disclosure, not a hardcore basher like some on here - more like the enthusiast who likes good fun on a day out at the field, sand pit or bmx track. I got a few 1/10 models but was always tempted for something bigger - well you guessed it the 8S is sitting on the bench waiting for the packs to arrive but as I haven't found anyone mentioning this I wonder what sort of runtime people get on theirs and with what size packs.

cheers
r4n
you are going to love the truck but i must say not to happy with the run time i am running smart technology 5000mah 4s 100c battery's and when i running at 100% the dye very quickly have not been able to get more that 10min run time . i will be looking into the low voltage control and see if the esc is set up correct looking into 50c 4s battery's i am willing to give up a little power for longer running time hope this helps

I have some 5000 mah and I only get 10 minutes, it sucks. You just gets started and have to stop to change batteries

you are going to love the truck but i must say not to happy with the run time i am running smart technology 5000mah 4s 100c battery's and when i running at 100% the dye very quickly have not been able to get more that 10min run time . i will be looking into the low voltage control and see if the esc is set up correct looking into 50c 4s battery's i am willing to give up a little power for longer running time hope this helps
i was running my k8 to hard. on dirt donuts, figure 8s and jumping. Motor got to hot and ESC shut down. touched motor. way to hot. let cool down. changed driving habits. like giving the motor time to cool down. driving time now about 28 minutes on Smart 5200 aMh. I am new at rc hobby. check how you drive. also I use my s2100 charger to "store charge " after i run. Store charge until the voltage cell reach 3.8 volts.

i was running my k8 to hard. on dirt donuts, figure 8s and jumping. Motor got to hot and ESC shut down. touched motor. way to hot. let cool down. changed driving habits. like giving the motor time to cool down. driving time now about 28 minutes on Smart 5200 aMh. I am new at rc hobby. check how you drive. also I use my s2100 charger to "store charge " after i run. Store charge until the voltage cell reach 3.8 volts.
Thank you for your input should have gone to Traxxas for. XMAXX 9 minutes at best on straight runs no jumps no hills flat ground
Hello chaps,

cheers
r4n
So I thinking of going up to a 23 t piñon with 20 million oil in the trans less slipping and higher top end what to you think ???!!!!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back