Kraton 8s Servo Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M3DMJ

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hello all,

does anyone have any recommendations for upgrading the steering servo on the Kraton 8s which is a direct fit?

cheers,
Dave

I don’t know of another servo the same size as the stock one. You need the servo box ARA320553 which comes with a larger mount for a true 1/5 scale servo. Then there are many options from cheap ones from Banggood or the high end spendy ones or middle of the road one from spektrum. I’m still waiting on my servo box and my cheap Banggood servo so cant recommend it yet...

I don't have much experience with servos. Thus as I am not happy with the stock servo, I would appreciate if someone could mention some good options. I can see that the spektrum s9020 is discontinued and the successor product is not yet available. I also note that some products on aliexpress will generally take quite some time for delivery. Notably I am located in Europe.
I am currently looking at the Hitec d-845wp, does anyone have experience with that one?

I don't have much experience with servos. Thus as I am not happy with the stock servo, I would appreciate if someone could mention some good options. I can see that the spektrum s9020 is discontinued and the successor product is not yet available. I also note that some products on aliexpress will generally take quite some time for delivery. Notably I am located in Europe.
I am currently looking at the Hitec d-845wp, does anyone have experience with that one?

No experience but reading the specs on it, its sub par. The S9020 reaches 910oz @ 7.4 BEC setting. The Primal: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Primal-RC-PM1373-70KG-MG-High-Voltage-Digital-Servo-1-5-1-4-Giant-Large-Scale/153701870447?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 gets you 73KG or about 1013 oz in torque @ 7.4 Lots of guys are running the Primal servo now including myself, had to at that price. It's over 100oz in torque stronger than the s9020 @ 7.4 so I've stayed with using it. EDIT: This is after getting the proper optional servo box.

Thanks. I will consider that. Ebay tells me the delivery time is beginning of July (see screenshot) which makes me wonder if there are better options (in Europe) though.
4A86F55F-27F2-4C06-82CC-B33C5E9CE21B.png

Hello all,

does anyone have any recommendations for upgrading the steering servo on the Kraton 8s which is a direct fit?

cheers,
Dave

Yes you will need the larger ARA320553 box. I followed the bicketybam lead and picked up a primalrc servo for 50 bucks. I can’t seem to find it listed anywhere if it’s waterproof thou. But I figure if can turn the wheels on the raminator than it should be fine for the Kraton. Bash on ??

Yes you will need the larger ARA320553 box. I followed the bicketybam lead and picked up a primalrc servo for 50 bucks. I can’t seem to find it listed anywhere if it’s waterproof thou. But I figure if can turn the wheels on the raminator than it should be fine for the Kraton. Bash on ??
I think the Raminator uses two though ?

You guys using the primal servo running it @6 volts? Or do you know if it will handle 8.4 volts?

You guys using the primal servo running it @6 volts? Or do you know if it will handle 8.4 volts?

It's specs say its max torque is rated at 7.4 volts. I run mine at 7.4 because my ESC only goes up that high.

If you ran this servo in its intended use without a BEC and a 2s, it would be at 8.4v fully charged so I'm sure it could handle the extra volt.

It's specs say its max torque is rated at 7.4 volts. I run mine at 7.4 because my ESC only goes up that high.

If you ran this servo in its intended use without a BEC and a 2s, it would be at 8.4v fully charged so I'm sure it could handle the extra volt.
That's what sucks about the firma 160. It only does 6.0 and 8.4, no 7.2.

Subscribed. With new duratrax tires on my rig it turns like a pig. The stock steering servo screw was almost backed all the way out, so I tightened it up to take some of the play out and I’m hoping it helps a LITTLE. Seems like the overwhelming consensus is to upgrade the stock servo to help this thing along.

Subscribed. With new duratrax tires on my rig it turns like a pig. The stock steering servo screw was almost backed all the way out, so I tightened it up to take some of the play out and I’m hoping it helps a LITTLE. Seems like the overwhelming consensus is to upgrade the stock servo to help this thing along.

A must! Grab that primal servo listed in this thread. You wont be disappointed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back