Kraton 8s shock shafts and ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hottrodd1090

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and I need some serious help. I broke an m2c shock shaft today on my Outcast with stock arms on it and then I just took out my Kraton 8s and broke a shock shaft rod end but I have rpm arms on the kraton. None of the jumps were anything crazy and the landings were pretty good. Is there any upgrades that help with these issues? I see all these videos on you tube and I'm not even a 1/4 of what they are doing.im so frustrated that I spent all this money to just have broken shocks

The angle or geometry of the shocks put a ton of pressure on the shafts & ends. I've bent & broken plenty of them, including a set of M2C shafts. I only started to full send my 8s rigs this year since they would fall to pieces on pitiful 5ft jumps landing on all fours. I had to go with the 10mm Rovan shock to finally get something that could survive my beatings - but I even busted an aluminum end off of them, so I had to put massive M8 helms on them. People have had luck with the EXB shocks but they will still fail the same way.

Check out this thread: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/8s-rigs-10mm-shock-alternative.33058/

Here's how I fixed the Rovan shock: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/megastys-kraton-8s-mods.16749/post-519128

Yeah I'd say they both broke on a 5 or 6 foot jump with a good landing. I figured it has alot to do with the angle of the shock. Arrma should step up and fix this issue. We spend enough money on them just buying them. Then too have to spend another probably 200 to 300 to just enjoy it . Sorry for ranting or venting. M2c is working on a 7mm shaft to hopefully fix this issue. I think I might just put these in the garage until someone comes up with a permanent fix. I know things break I have plenty of 1/8th scale stuff that I can do way more with and not break it every time I jump it. I might give your fix a try on one of mine if I can find any in stock anywhere. How are your 10mm shocks holding up? Is it worth me doing it?

10mm with gas line in them for dampner

20210502_071328.jpg

20210502_071339.jpg

20210502_143216.jpg

I went with a 10mm bushing to limit them. Nitro line was too thick & it covered the piston holes. The Outcast shocks were dead on perfect right out the gate. I used the Rovan fronts on all 4 corners, 5000cst oil, & the stock springs- no limits. They behave & handle much better than the stock shocks. I used the same 4 fronts on the EXB, but I limited the front shocks. They're also really good with the stock springs. I tried all the GPM springs too but they were a little too stiff. I figure I might be able to break a shaft at the end but I would probably total the truck before that happens. The shocks really are that beefy.

Would it be possible to add all the part numbers and descriptions of what I need to buy. I will definitely try this out on my Outcast. What do I need to change on the front of my kratons to add these too
BTW that thing looks awesome and tyvm for helping me out. I'm almost brand new to 1/5th scale
BTW that thing looks awesome and tyvm for helping me out. I'm almost brand new to 1/5th scale

It would be great if Rovan restocked before the next ice age but enough people are waiting on these that they'll sell out instantly. Ali is another option. Vitavon sells them over there: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32915068946.html They are a straight bolt on & they don't need limiting on the O8S. As for the fluid, I used this stuff: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OBV1LMK

On the Kraton, I'm running the stock setup on the EXB, & internally limited the 2 front shocks using this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K85G150 Nothing needs to be changed on either truck.

Shocks ordered for 2 rigs from vitamin should be here middle of June. How many bottles of the shock oil did you use. I'm going to need to fill 8 shocks. Did you use the stock kraton and outcast springs?
Vitavon

Ok everything is ordered I'll have the oil and spacers Wednesday and the shocks the middle of June unless anyone knows where to get them now in the USS
USA

1 bottle is enough for 8 shocks. Baja shocks are finicky beasts. They like being half full for some dumb reason. Note the fill level on each shock when you crack them open & refill it exactly to that level. Venting is straight forward too since they are emulsion shocks.

Whoops I ordered 4 bottles lol oh well I have plenty then. Yeah after my last post I looked the shocks up on ebay and they had 12+ in stock so I bought 8 and they will be here Friday. Not sure if I'm canceling my other order since I'll still have the k8s exb to do and I'll have spare parts lol. They also had 10+ pairs of the long ones but I bought all fronts or short ones. Where did you buy the steel ends from?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back