Kraton Kraton 8S Startup Guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlorenzen

Just send it
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Raider
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Voltage
If this is a duplicate thread, please send me in the right direction, but I couldn't find a similar thread.

Brand new v1.5 Kraton 8S, what do I need to look at and do before I throw my first pack in?

Looking for any and all input and experiences, thanks!

Tighten all the screws, put packs in and run it I say. Some will say that’s bad advice right off the bat. Run it a few times....I ran mine for prolly 6 times before I tore it down and did all the required diff rebuilds, etc.
Have fun!

cheers,
kev

If this is a duplicate thread, please send me in the right direction, but I couldn't find a similar thread.

Brand new v1.5 Kraton 8S, what do I need to look at and do before I throw my first pack in?

Looking for any and all input and experiences, thanks!
Put a larger pinion on it. Stock is too slow ???

^what Bick said. I was lamenting the pigdog handling and lumbering gait until I went to a 25T pinion and bumped up the punch setting to max. I wouldn’t go much higher than that with the stock Kv motor, but it’s got crazy potential with a few mods. For electronics, def start with the ESC. My stock unit bit the dust early, and the upgrade (MMX8S) made it stand up and walk. I’m not ready for the 800 kV motor 1:1 gearing yet, but the stock motor has more to offer than arrives in the box

Thanks!

I can tell already, this thing is gonna put a hurting on the wallet... looking forward to it ? Looking to bend the chassis on some big air for a reason to get an M2C one ?

I taco’d mine a couple weeks ago (first complete tear down and rebuild!) and upgraded the servo as well. Definitely worth it, though you need to order the aftermarket receiver box from HH for an *actual 1/5 servo unit.

I thought that I read someplace that you need (longer?) different screws with the aftermarket frame and I didn’t want to research much, just rebuild my truck and upgrade the servo; maybe it was from a YouTube video by one of our local celebrities- in any event I just went with stock frame and we’re back in business, bashing with the Talion v4 and 8S modded Mojave (which I highly recommend). Back on top!

Next time, Imma keep a better build log and pics. I was in a rabbit hole for a day or two with the servo and subtleties of that adjustment.

But out of the box? Dial the punch to max, get it muddy and break a suspension arm or two, then really feel the power when you bump up the pinion and feed it more juice. Stock motor with MMX8S and 25T will wheelie down the block on pavement.

B72F4498-E1F0-4B3E-9424-5CCCD643FBF5.jpeg

52CE8F7C-F3EC-4C95-8518-637D77F82F57.jpeg

0692B0B5-367A-44E3-B27C-158D2CFC95D9.jpeg

27BA4C2D-2C75-42A2-A53A-BDC5DCAEC991.jpeg

373C8676-C9AA-4D8A-B122-6EB8AA8B5515.jpeg

First bash last night was a blast! I love the K8S; my dog? Not so much. Things that definitely need addressed ASAP: bigger and better servo as well as getting my NB4 set up with it. Didn't realize how much this thing would make the EXB look like a toy.

EXB is still a blast as well, both vehicles serve their purpose!!

IMG_20200925_202557.jpg

Last edited:
What are your guys' preferred diff oil setups? I have the 25t pinion on its way, and will probably do all of my bashing with that; temp permitting.

Thanks again

Hey bro. For the K8:

1 million front and rear, 20 million center. Some guys are using 500K in the front and rear but the 20 million in the center seems to be the norm.

cheers,
kev

1M front and back, 20M center on the K8S for me. I’d like to hear about people’s experience with lower weights in front or back

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back