Kraton 8s upgraded servo HR servo saver issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojave Pilot

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Upgraded on my 8s Kraton to a Savox 0241 servo and bigger arrma box. Also upgraded to HR servo saver which now since bigger servo, the servo saver barley clears front frame, but no way will that front bushing fit on servo saver. Question either I don't used the front bushing or I might be able to shave front frame to fit the front servo bushing. What did you all do.....

Thanks

I saw when you first posted this. I waited for others with 8s rigs to chime in.....No replies since yesterday....:confused:
I don't have an 8s rig.
But perhaps the HR SS is not the best fit there. HR stuff doesn't always fit correctly sometimes. Won't work for you. Try the stocker Servo Saver?
Wish I could help more.:)

Ok I just
I saw when you first posted this. I waited for others with 8s rigs to chime in.....No replies since yesterday....:confused:
I don't have an 8s rig.
But perhaps the HR SS is not the best fit there. HR stuff doesn't always fit correctly sometimes. Won't work for you. Try the stocker Servo Saver?
Wish I could help more.:)
All good thatnks. Would have fit perfect with stock servo. The 1/5 scale servo, a good one is much bigger, wider and longer. I ended up just shaving some material off from the tray where that front servo holder drops into. all worked out......

Ok I just

All good thatnks. Would have fit perfect with stock servo. The 1/5 scale servo, a good one is much bigger, wider and longer. I ended up just shaving some material off from the tray where that front servo holder drops into. all worked out......
Are you using the 1/5 scale servo tray for the Kraton 8s?

Ok I just

You made it work.(y)(y)
What I do know about the 8S rigs is that the stocker servo was never a True 1/5 scale Servo to begin with. Undersized/underpowered to begin with. Especially with a 30+ pound rig.
Most any upgrade True 1/5 servo will be larger/ longer. An important upgrade out the box. The Raminator Servo is what many use. At a good price. FWIW
Bash on.

Last edited:
You made it work.(y)(y)
What I do know about the 8S rigs is that the stocker servo was never a True 1/5 scale Servo to begin with. Undersized/underpowered to begin with. Especially with a 30+ pound rig.
Most any upgrade True 1/5 servo will be larger/ longer. An important upgrade out the box.
Bash on.
Ya kinda figured lol. Seams like most stock off road car steering servos suck. Thanks love the car. Next upgrade vitavon knuckles and steering rack. Little pricey, you need both but I want better turning....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back