Kraton 8s v2..battery issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nosh27

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hi guys i need some help..i just purchases a arrma kraton 8s and they recomend to use 5000mAh 4S 14.8V 50C Smart LiPo Hardcase IC5 but the only have the 100c ones in stock...what difference would these make and will they be ok in my kraton 8

Hi guys i need some help..i just purchases a arrma kraton 8s and they recomend to use 5000mAh 4S 14.8V 50C Smart LiPo Hardcase IC5 but the only have the 100c ones in stock...what difference would these make and will they be ok in my kraton 8

Minimum recommendation is 50C, so anything rated higher is good to go.

I use the 100c ones too. No issues

It has been my experience with the Spektrum batteries that they are overrated in terms of "C" by a fair amount. I've got two 50C 6s 5000mAh units that I run on my Mojave 6s, and one of them already has a failing cell in less than a year of ownership and less than 50 runs.

The other comes out of the truck very warm and I expect to see it start to fail soon as well.

For the price the Turnigy Graphene 45C batteries are better, and in testing on another hobby forum actually met their stated C rating.

I use the 100c ones too. No issues
Thank you so much for your quick reply.xxiv just ordered them..coming tommorow..?
It has been my experience with the Spektrum batteries that they are overrated in terms of "C" by a fair amount. I've got two 50C 6s 5000mAh units that I run on my Mojave 6s, and one of them already has a failing cell in less than a year of ownership and less than 50 runs.

The other comes out of the truck very warm and I expect to see it start to fail soon as well.

For the price the Turnigy Graphene 45C batteries are better, and in testing on another hobby forum actually met their stated C rating.
Iv just ordered the 100c ones..hopefully they will be ok..thank you for your advice..iv screen shot it for future referance..

Thank you so much for your quick reply.xxiv just ordered them..coming tommorow..?

Iv just ordered the 100c ones..hopefully they will be ok..thank you for your advice..iv screen shot it for future referance..

If you can you should cancel your order and go for the Turnigy Graphenes or gensacearespammers LiPos, they are far closer to their C rating then Spektrum which are off a good amount and over priced to begin with.

If you can you should cancel your order and go for the Turnigy Graphenes or gensacearespammers LiPos, they are far closer to their C rating then Spektrum which are off a good amount and over priced to begin with.
Thanks batman for your quick reply..im a newbie to all this rc stuff..i had nitro when i was 19 and im 38 now...i wanted a easy option in discharging and charging, and so on and so on..lol....it was this youtube vid that made me buy them...https://youtu.be/kzYjGixMkl0

Im defo going to take your advice..and get a set to get more in to the hobby..thanks batman..
I will do an unboxing vid tommorow qhen the stuff comes..cant wait..i feel like a little kid waiting for his presents.??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back