Kraton 8S Water Cooled - My Basic Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danonboost

Reaction score
After buying a Talion 6S EXB and becoming re-addicted to RCs, I wanted to try a 5th scale. When it arrived I immediately regretted it - it was WAY to big, completely dwarfing my "massive Talion". I've completely changed my mind, I love this thing - however it took some work to get where it needed to be.

I went way overboard on mods with my Talion 8S, pretty much changed everything on it, and entered the overheating battle. It's irritating.

On my first few runs with the Kraton things got hot and it wasn't fun. I've seen many battle with this, especially with taller gearing - but I want tall gearing, big run time, and full throttle ALL the time.

Inspired by Arrmadog1990 I planned to tackle this once and for all. I wanted to keep my TX/RX stuff and stay with the spirit of a stock RTR Kraton 8S.

Spektrum already solved this with their RC boat line - why not use that? I retuned my land parts and went marine!

It's really that simple. Using fish tank, PC water cooling parts, and 11Ah 4S batteries my temps stay below 150F full throttle all day. All Amazon parts.

Yes, it still beaks the dog-bone driveshafts

A couple notes:

I ended up going with a MUCH larger reservoir; aside from being too small, the one shown was prone to inducing bubbles into the system. I just bent the frame so I'll upload more pictures when it's back apart.

I have not spent any time cleaning it up (cooling lines, etc.) or making it pretty for the forum.... these are random pictures I took, this is not intended to be a "DIY" post :D

Karaton_8S_WC_2_Radiator_Mount (Medium).jpg

Karaton_8S_WC_4 (Medium).jpg

20221219_092949 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
This stuff is really cool. Seems like a lot of work for nothing but still cool af as someone who has a custom loop pc. I also didn't know it was possible to break dog bones with stock electronics. That's kinda crazy.

Thanks guys

This stuff is really cool. Seems like a lot of work for nothing but still cool af as someone who has a custom loop pc. I also didn't know it was possible to break dog bones with stock electronics. That's kinda crazy.

I run a 30T pinion and full throttle w/ a pair of 11000mA 4S batteries, certainly not for nothing!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back