Kraton 8s Wing Alternatives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pantalyra

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
Arrma says don't just bash, blast but i keep blasting my wing off!

The terrain i have local is rough, bumpy, rutty destroyed construction landscapes. Because of the surfaces I deal with it is really easy to get the car to start tumbling even when just shooting around and not jumping anything. Now my 6s hates these ruts and you cant get any kind of speed. The 8s flys over them until it doesn't. Something will catch it and it starts flipping. Not to mention all my bad jump landings.

To the point, I can't keep a wing on my truck to save my life. the mount snaps off just under the wing or the sides of the wing snap off.

I want someone to engineer a wing that is made from something so it can flex a lot more, take a beating, hold form and absorb some off the impact of the roll.

So what if i cut up an old tire with a grinder, cut them into the shape of the mount and bolted them on. Then cut a rectangular piece of tire to make the wing and screwed it to the mount that is made of tire. Would that be to weak? Think it would help absorb some shock when I landed on it? It would certainly flex more and take a beating.

Or maybe just use a triangle shaped tire piece for the mount and screw an actual wing to it?

Any other options out there other then... get good?

Sounds creative enough. (y)(y)(y)
Although I don't have an 8S, I never noticed many guys complaints regarding the wing/mounts. Not to say its not been an issue. Hopefully others with the 8S can comment better.:cool:

3d print one from tpu if you have a printer.. if not find someone local who does.. its not a bad alternative.. been working great on several of my rigs...?

3d print one from tpu if you have a printer.. if not find someone local who does.. its not a bad alternative.. been working great on several of my rigs...?
Do you know where i can find the cad file for the wing and mount on the Kraton 8s? I doubt I can design it my self but I know where i can have it printed.

Do you know where i can find the cad file for the wing and mount on the Kraton 8s? I doubt I can design it my self but I know where i can have it printed.

if you post pictures of the wing, and dimensions, overall hieght, width, bolt center to center im sure i can whip one up for ya and post the stl..

the mount would be near impossible to replicate without one in hand.. (i don't own a k8s)

As soon as I can fly back to my home I will post info. Thanks for the offer. Not sure when borders will open up right now though.

I too am going thru wings and mounts as well. Almost every time i go out. If you make any please keep me in mind thanks you guys for all sharing

if you can post the above stated pictures and dimensions i can start on a design.. if you cant then we will have to wait until the op gets back and can do so..

I've never broken the wing, but I've broken two mounts. They always break in the same place, right where it screws into the tower. It's going to be hard to find something that can take a 26+ pound rig landing on it repeatedly. You could also cut the wing mount down and not run a wing.

Just my two cents... The K8 without a wing I think will make it look flatter than it already is from a side profile. I love the K8 bit think it's a little too flat... Not enough body height. Maybe because I'm thinking a real world scaled truck wouldn't be so flat.

Edit: just realized the wing doesn't really add any height. Still feel the same though about height.

Last edited:
If the mount flexes, the wing won't be an issue anymore regardless of size. I could whip a mount up in under an hour, but it's all about the materials & design. I'm still on the stock mount & have landed on it a handful of times - & that's with heavy skateboard wheels & axle attached to it. I'll bolt one up later & get back to you.

Since the mount does not compromise the integrity of the rig like the 6s mount maybe a break away mount...or one that collapses...

Anyone come up with any alternatives? Just broke my third mount today ?

Just broke mine too, from such a weak crash as well. Very annoying, I'm surprised rpm hasn't stepped up and made one for it yet, or anyone for that matter. I'm sure plenty of people would be buying them.

Just broke mine too, from such a weak crash as well. Very annoying, I'm surprised rpm hasn't stepped up and made one for it yet, or anyone for that matter. I'm sure plenty of people would be buying them.
Yeah, it's strange right. There are plenty materials that will make for an indestructible mount but most of them will make the pitiful plastic t-bone & RPM use look like junk.

The mount I made in this video is the beefiest thing I've come up with yet. Made from 1/4" HDPE sheets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGL5896 I used cardboard to mock pieces I needed to cut & a little heat to bend them to the right angles.

Yeah, it's strange right. There are plenty materials that will make for an indestructible mount but most of them will make the pitiful plastic t-bone & RPM use look like junk.

The mount I made in this video is the beefiest thing I've come up with yet. Made from 1/4" HDPE sheets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGL5896 I used cardboard to mock pieces I needed to cut & a little heat to bend them to the right angles.
That looks pretty damn beefy, I'd definitely be interested in trying something like that out, but I know my handywork would probably be pretty pitiful. Can't wait to see how it holds up though 👍

Arrma says don't just bash, blast but i keep blasting my wing off!

The terrain i have local is rough, bumpy, rutty destroyed construction landscapes. Because of the surfaces I deal with it is really easy to get the car to start tumbling even when just shooting around and not jumping anything. Now my 6s hates these ruts and you cant get any kind of speed. The 8s flys over them until it doesn't. Something will catch it and it starts flipping. Not to mention all my bad jump landings.

To the point, I can't keep a wing on my truck to save my life. the mount snaps off just under the wing or the sides of the wing snap off.

I want someone to engineer a wing that is made from something so it can flex a lot more, take a beating, hold form and absorb some off the impact of the roll.

So what if i cut up an old tire with a grinder, cut them into the shape of the mount and bolted them on. Then cut a rectangular piece of tire to make the wing and screwed it to the mount that is made of tire. Would that be to weak? Think it would help absorb some shock when I landed on it? It would certainly flex more and take a beating.

Or maybe just use a triangle shaped tire piece for the mount and screw an actual wing to it?

Any other options out there other then... get good?
I run a Kraton v5 with a Momba X 8s. And it’s guaranteed to break a wing every single time. I have moved to the outcast wing. ( I have 3 backups). Point is I’m happy to break the wing instead of something else. Some see it as a weak point my buddy gives me sh it every time. But hey I broke a 10 dollar part. And most of the time I can fix it. I think the wing breaking can be a pain in the a as. But it prevents other more expensive things from breaking

Can you show us a more in depth video of the mounting process for this thing? Also, how is the wing mounted on top?

cheers,
kev

Can you show us a more in depth video of the mounting process for this thing? Also, how is the wing mounted on top?

cheers,
kev

Sure, I'll do a whole vid on it. I still have one to mount & another to make.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back