Kraton 8s with upgraded tower brace, chassis etc..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjscharlotte

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Typhon 6s
FYI..
I bought the Kraton 8s last week and come to find out yesterday that there is an "upgraded" version that comes with a 2 piece tower brace, upgraded chassis, DX3e transmitter. I chatted with Horizon Hobby this afternoon and they will send you all of the upgrades for $25. I just emailed product support to get the details. Arrma stepping up to the plate and offering all that for $25. :cool:

FYI..
I bought the Kraton 8s last week and come to find out yesterday that there is an "upgraded" version that comes with a 2 piece tower brace, upgraded chassis, DX3e transmitter. I chatted with Horizon Hobby this afternoon and they will send you all of the upgrades for $25. I just emailed product support to get the details. Arrma stepping up to the plate and offering all that for $25. :cool:
Where did you buy it from? Just curious because the newer version has been out for at least a month now.

I bought it from HobbyTown in Mooresville, NC. At the time I didn’t know there was 2 “versions” otherwise I would have checked.
They've had the newer version there for a while. I know because I'm down here caring for my mother. When I was I there 4 weeks ago they had a bunch of the newer versions and one old one. They should have told you and apparently they didn't. That's pretty fvcking poopy on their part. They should give you the $25 and a newer radio. Pricks.

Yep, I 100% agree. I talked to the guys up there and all they said was "sorry" but heres the number to Arrma. They maybe able to do something for you.
damn - thats probably the time I would switch my LHS for an online mail-order if no alternatives are available in town

Yep, I 100% agree. I talked to the guys up there and all they said was "sorry" but heres the number to Arrma. They maybe able to do something for you.
I'm sorry. That's BS. They knew what they were doing. They should have at least discounted it.

Yep, I feel like I should have been given an option to either pay full price for the upgraded one or save $50-$75 and get the original one. Especially, since I had just bought an Xmaxx a week before that. I have spent $3376 in that store within the last 3 weeks - (2) trucks, 6 batteries, 2 chargers and misc. hop ups for each vehicle. To say that i'm pissed is an understatement.

Yep, I feel like I should have been given an option to either pay full price for the upgraded one or save $50-$75 and get the original one. Especially, since I had just bought an Xmaxx a week before that. I have spent $3376 in that store within the last 3 weeks - (2) trucks, 6 batteries, 2 chargers and misc. hop ups for each vehicle. To say that i'm pissed is an understatement.
They should be rolling out the red carpet for you. That’s a lot of support you are throwing their way. Hope you like k8s, and this doesn’t leave too bad a taste in your mouth. Good luck with it.
Jim

Did you pay full MSRP? My LHS sells the v1s with a 10% discount, which more than covers the cost of the brace upgrades. The new transmitter is a different story, but it’s not like the DX2e is complete trash. It works fine over here.

Is it possible to return it? Like 14-day window or something. Just tell them you want the newer model, otherwise you wou want a full refund and order it somewhere else. Might work, might not

Don’t worry all too much though, both versions are awesome and 99% of drivers will not even care to notice the difference(s).

Did you pay full MSRP? My LHS sells the v1s with a 10% discount, which more than covers the cost of the brace upgrades. The new transmitter is a different story, but it’s not like the DX2e is complete trash. It works fine over here.

Is it possible to return it? Like 14-day window or something. Just tell them you want the newer model, otherwise you wou want a full refund and order it somewhere else. Might work, might not

Don’t worry all too much though, both versions are awesome and 99% of drivers will not even care to notice the difference(s).
Yes, I paid fulll MSRP = $899. They won't take it back. They have a "no returns accepted - no exceptions".

Yes, I paid fulll MSRP = $899. They won't take it back. They have a "no returns accepted - no exceptions".
When they have a sign that says “NO RETURNS” they really mean no return customers ??

Oh okay. Well full MSRP is €1000 here, so €899 would be a discount. If they won’t return then I won’t worry all too much about it if I were you. It does show their true colors and you can hurt them with the bad rep through a review or by never buying from them again. At the end of the day you still have an awesome truck, the brace upgrades don’t make the v1.5 superior to the v1. And it’s convenient that the upgrade is only $25 in the USA, its $90 over here (full price).

That $25.00 upgrade price is gone back and forth here and last I heard its not true. You have to pay the full price for upgrade parts as listed on the horizon hobby site which don't include the Radio upgrade. I suspect that 25.00 the OP paid doesn't include the radio.

That $25.00 upgrade price is gone back and forth here and last I heard its not true. You have to pay the full price for upgrade parts as listed on the horizon hobby site which don't include the Radio upgrade. I suspect that 25.00 the OP paid doesn't include the radio.
I just spoke with Horizon Hobby this morning and they call it the "Extreme Basher Kit". It comes with everything except the radiio. I paid $25 plus tax and shipping. The total was $34.26 and I should have it Tuesday/Wednesday of next week.

I just spoke with Horizon Hobby this morning and they call it the "Extreme Basher Kit". It comes with everything except the radiio. I paid $25 plus tax and shipping. The total was $34.26 and I should have it Tuesday/Wednesday of next week.

Funny I was on the fence to order this at $25.00 but when I read others saying here in the US they were not given that deal when they asked for it, I decided to just order the new tower and lower brace and add a carbon fiber tube for the upper tube and leave it at that for approx $32.00 with tax and delivery.

Had I known this WAS really possible to get it ALL for about that same total price I might have gone that route. However I heard someone say the complete Extreme Basher Kit still flexes some compared to the stock setup so maybe my half way setup (using the single top tube) will be better. Haven't gotten a chance to install it yet.

Funny I was on the fence to order this at $25.00 but when I read others saying here in the US they were not given that deal when they asked for it, I decided to just order the new tower and lower brace and add a carbon fiber tube for the upper tube and leave it at that for approx $32.00 with tax and delivery.

Had I known this WAS really possible to get it ALL for about that same total price I might have gone that route. However I heard someone say the complete Extreme Basher Kit still flexes some compared to the stock setup so maybe my half way setup (using the single top tube) will be better. Haven't gotten a chance to install it yet.

I called HH about a month ago and asked for it and was offered it for 25 + tax and shipping = $28 bucks. Kinda overkill for me b/c already running a M2C chassis.

Ya think ? There is nothing wrong with the DX2e radio.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back