Kraton 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rad369

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Recently went to the hobby shop put about half the price of a kraton 8s down Just wondering if that was the right idea especially with all the chassis flex issues Just trying to get some user feedback
I don't put the whole thing down I don't wanna take that big of a hit right at once sticker shock

Recently went to the hobby shop put about half the price of a kraton 8s down Just wondering if that was the right idea especially with all the chassis flex issues Just trying to get some user feedback
I don't put the whole thing down I don't wanna take that big of a hit right at once sticker shock

There are so many threads in here about that. It bends like a taco with big air or if you pick a fight with something immoveable. JBI chassis is one fix, I don't recommend the other.

Never knew of a LHS joint that did lay-a-way.. :unsure:

There are so many threads in here about that. It bends like a taco with big air or if you pick a fight with something immoveable. JBI chassis is one fix, I don't recommend the other.

I just did a store credit

Just get it and don't look back. It really is a lot of fun to drive. Give it some dirt and sand and it just comes alive. I'm not disappointed even with the high sticker price.

What's wrong with the M2C chassis? Also has anyone bent the chassis with the new rear brace?

The newer K8s has a brace and different center tower brace setup. The crying about chassis bending has ceased dramatically around here since they came out. If you end up with the older one it would be advised to get the braces and tower to add to yours. If you really want it strong than the m2c or jbi. The m2c has extra plates to add strength where the jbi is one piece. I made my own so I can’t speak for either. Cheapest by far is the added Arrma bracing. Hopefully yours came with it already. Good luck with, I really enjoy mine, maybe my favorite.

Thanks for the replies I just wanted to see what everybody's thoughts was on it still
It will be new

The newer K8s has a brace and different center tower brace setup. The crying about chassis bending has ceased dramatically around here since they came out. If you end up with the older one it would be advised to get the braces and tower to add to yours. If you really want it strong than the m2c or jbi. The m2c has extra plates to add strength where the jbi is one piece. I made my own so I can’t speak for either. Cheapest by far is the added Arrma bracing. Hopefully yours came with it already. Good luck with, I really enjoy mine, maybe my favorite.

I installed the JBIRC chassis before I ever ran the thing and have installed the upgrade kit too making it a v1.5 now.

I installed the JBIRC chassis before I ever ran the thing and have installed the upgrade kit too making it a v1.5 now.
That jbi has a lot of thought and machine time in it. If I didn’t make my own I would have gone for it. Lighter weight than the m2c though that one is nice too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back