Kraton Kraton and Losi out flying for the day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trout74

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
finally got my Losi center diff conversion done, and I think I have the weight right, it flies level, but I had to finish flying my Kraton, it flies so much better . Great day, this was a small clip of the flight.
Trout

I love the losi, but I've gravitated to ARRMA recently. They jump so much better. I own two and want more. Just something about them.

I had to watch this again. What's the deal here....the Kraton jumps way higher and farther than the Losi. Is there a large weight difference or power difference ? The more I research potential RC's to try ...the more I want to just stick with what Arrma has to offer. I've been searching and searching and I feel that it keeps bringing me right back to realizing...the Kraton is sweet.

Yes not a fair fight that day. Kraton always runs on 5s and my losi I run on 4s, but it's mainly the ramp, the losi doesn't fit on the ramp as well, so I can't get going as fast on my driveway, in a field I can launch the losi pretty high and far, but it just doesn't fly as stable. I wouldn't count the losi off your list, I would never get rid of it. I love them all for different reasons. I ove the Losi shocks more than any others. I love the X Maxx for its size and I ove the Kraton for flying. I'm starting to find my love for the outcast for its nimbleness. They are all different. But if I had to have only one, it would be the Kraton. Just ordered a slew of upgrades for my XMaxx, going to be my January project, then I'm going to tackle my Outcast, servo, esc, chassis supports and servo mount Ike I did to Kraton to make it indestructible.
Bash on,
Trout

The shocks are a real big bore on the Losi. it looks like a great 6S vehicle. I always noticed the size of the springs on them. The X-maxx draws my attention big time. I love Traxxas, I want a large scale but it's a little slow on the top end. No big deal because that can be addressed. What would you do to it Trout ? The suspension looks so great on that X-maxx. I would just want it a little faster. Not much. There is also a low center of gravity chassis for it available. The x-maxx is a great looking large scale.

Don't count out the XMaxx, it's awesome. I love it, and speed is easy to come by. Stock it comes with 15 pinion and 54 spur. I switched the pinion to 20t and spur to 50t and it hauls ass. I'm running stock esc, and it gets hot, so I'm putting in a hobby wing max6, so I can go 8s if I want, but I doubt I will, 6s with this gearing is satisfying.
Also I run a castle 2028 dual fan an the motor (15$ ). Everything else is fine. 30cst diff oil front and rear and shimm the diffs. I haven't had any diff issues, the reports are overblown, people don't know how to jump and land properly, check out my videos. It's a treat.
Trout

Yeah it's a great truck, that's what brought me back to the hobby, so many good trucks, I just love all the options. The four monsters I have I like them all. I think we might be in the golden age of RC.

But you have to contrast those videos to this one, and clearly the Kraton is in a class of its own when it comes to flying !
Trout

Last edited:
Yeah it's a great truck, that's what brought me back to the hobby, so many good trucks, I just love all the options. The four monsters I have I like them all. I think we might be in the golden age of RC.

But you have to contrast those videos to this one, and clearly the Kraton is in a class of its own when it comes to flying !
Trout

Great driving there Trout! Just a curiosity, but do you think the Losi shocks would fit the Kraton? I was going to buy a set to try them out, but for ~$50 I can't quite pull the trigger on something that might not work... I would guess they're too long and the lower retainers would hit the a-arms, but that's just a guess at the moment. Anyways, like you, I have two Arrma's and they're quite impressive.

That's good stuff Trout.... I'm also glad I dove back into the surface RC's. After I got a taste of the big air they can handle, the sickness set back in. You got some great RC's there Trout, I can see why you picked them. Very cool. The old Vanning looks like something carved right out of a machine shop.... these new rigs are way more advanced. The radios are way better also.

I have not had a run away .... oh how I loved the big nitro buggy run away !!!!! Lol. The durability and reliability is much better for sure these days.

Lots of new companies, and Old school companies still going strong lots of support/upgrades !!!! Forums are a huge bonus also.

Last edited:
Yes. It was the roll cage and the pipe that made me love the vanning.
I agree, the forums make it more fun. Kinda Iike you got guys to bash with, even when they are states away.

Tomorrow I install new dboots backflips on the Kraton, I'll post pictures.
Trout

Stay on the throttle a littlee longer and you can be easily be doing back flips. Those are always my favorite things to do with my monster trucks. Good videos and I can't believe you are landing on the concrete and this thinguy is not in pieces. If I did that with my emaxx, the truck would split into two.

Kraton looks great with the outcast dboots tires. Set just arrived . Love it.
Nitroman2000, you bet backflips are easy on the Kraton, in this video the first one is a double backflip.
Kraton rules!

Tires

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 40
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back