Kraton and talion lipos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLELITE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
What does armma suggest for the minimum c rating on the batteries for stock set up on their esc’s, I need to get batteries,so want to make sure I get the proper ones.....thanks guys.....

Arrma recommends at least 35C. Trouble is you never know what you are really getting. It is a crap shoot as far as that goes. I get the highest I can that will still fit, and is not too heavy and hope for the best.

What does armma suggest for the minimum c rating on the batteries for stock set up on their esc’s, I need to get batteries,so want to make sure I get the proper ones.....thanks guys.....

IMG_20181010_164619.jpg

I have a few of these from Dirt Cheap RC, No issues in a year. Decent price, run time and not too heavy.

I have a couple vant packs as well as hobbystar, ones in the hard cases. I don't see much difference. the hobbystar ones go on sale at RCjuice from time to time. Im a hard case guy...

I have a couple vant packs as well as hobbystar, ones in the hard cases. I don't see much difference. the hobbystar ones go on sale at RCjuice from time to time. Im a hard case guy...

+1 on the hard case. Soft packs are too easily damaged. Been there done that.

No, don't. SMC are junk. Almost every one of the 8 I've had lost a cell. The latest 6s, which I only bought because SMC would only issue me a store credit for the other bad ones, went out this past weekend after 5 charges or less. I've seen lots of people complaining about SMC lately.
Wondering if it's the 3S+ packs. I have 12 or 14 2S packs and had one die after 16 months of use. The rest are still fine. I haven't bought any since early this year, those were 4 2S 7400mah packs and I've been using them primarily in my savage flux hp and outcast. I've been using my older packs in my smaller trucks. They still work fine, but they are 7200mah vs 7400mah.

A buddy of mine uses gens-ace-r-spam 5000mah 3S packs in his talion, and I have to say, he reaaaaaaaaaally does not take care of them like I do and they still work fine for him bash after bash. He doesn't storage charge ever, sometimes pulls them off the charger half way through the charge cycle, runs them dead dead to LVC always, doesn't alternate which is plugged in first... and they are all beat up, knicked up from flying out of his truck all the time due to his lack of straps.

No, don't. SMC are junk. Almost every one of the 8 I've had lost a cell. The latest 6s, which I only bought because SMC would only issue me a store credit for the other bad ones, went out this past weekend after 5 charges or less. I've seen lots of people complaining about SMC lately.
I bought the 6s 5400 mah and have ran it a handful of times with no issues. Grant it this is the only SMC battery I have so hopefully it lasts.

I recommend the gensacearespammers 5000 3s, works great in arrma talion, but they just have the xt60 plug and deans on the ampow.com, not the xt90,but price is ok.

I bought the 6s 5400 mah and have ran it a handful of times with no issues.

I have the same pack and so far I love it. I get plenty runtime though I haven't timed it. I opted for the 5400 because I'd rather just take a break and change batteries than overheat.
I always *balance charge at 1c and I feel like I take extra care of all my packs....mostly because I'm afraid of em :oops:.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back