Kraton Kraton Ar723328 - M3x28mm - Screws - Sold Locally for anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhh, is it backwards so we can see were the treads stop or? :D

So I get some that worked at Home Depot. Went like 5 minutes and this happened. The last 3 times I’ve gone out I’ve gotten five minutes each. Ugh.. I was hoping it would be an on site repair but I couldn’t figure it out.
How bad is this? Thanks

1587782298126.jpeg

So I get some that worked at Home Depot. Went like 5 minutes and this happened. The last 3 times I’ve gone out I’ve gotten five minutes each. Ugh.. I was hoping it would be an on site repair but I couldn’t figure it out.
How bad is this? Thanks

View attachment 76661
That sucks. All you need to bring is a set of hex wrenches and you can fix just about anything!

no I didn’t know that lol. Trying now and I can’t get THAT one loose either!!
So then I decide to try this one and it’s ever so slightly stripped so the 2.5 won’t grab!! Lol

fml

1587827758432.jpeg

@ts2340 Do it my way, it's a lot faster and can be done in the field with no issues.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-to-place-driveshaft-back-into-the-cup.20150/

For your issue:
There is a grub screw inside that holds the pin, probably covered by dirt. Has tons of loctite if this is your first time, heat it up with a torch or soldering iron. Most likely you will strip the screw.
Do it my way and get on with bashing.

To avoid this altogether, remover those spacers and washers on upper and lower arms and this will become less of an issue.

Edit: There is no loctite in that bolt i.e. stripping it takes some poopy tools. Buy yourself a better set and a new pin.

You can either hammer in a torx bit or dremel your way into it i.e. slit and use a screwdriver

Last edited:
@ts2340 Do it my way, it's a lot faster and can be done in the field with no issues.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-to-place-driveshaft-back-into-the-cup.20150/

For your issue:
There is a grub screw inside that holds the pin, probably covered by dirt. Has tons of loctite if this is your first time, heat it up with a torch or soldering iron. Most likely you will strip the screw.
Do it my way and get on with bashing.

Tpo avoid this altogether, remover those spacers and washers on upper and lower arms and this will become less of an issue.

Edit: There is no loctite in that bolt i.e. stripping it takes some poopy tools. Buy yourself a better set and a new pin.

You can either hammer in a torx bit or dremel your way into it i.e. slit and use a screwdriver

I’m trying to remove that screw that you showed in that video.. that does look easiet. However that screw won’t come out. I got the bondhus 10686 kit. I thought I read those recommended here.
Got it. Thanks boys!
1587828522777.png

Last edited:
Ok, those are good tools, odd, but never a guarantee and maybe the bolt was weak or soft.

At any rate you would want to replace it but for now leave it alone . No need to replace it and you can order new ones while still bashing. Now you have to work your way from the other side. While doing that, removes those spacers on upper and lower arm to avoid this altogether.

DO NOT START UNLESS YOU HAVE A soldering iron or torch to heat up that screw and melt the loctite.

Holy poop you are right about this tool set. They are effing stripping every screw.

Get yourself WERA tools (2&2.5mm) or MIP.
Looks like they just cranked up their prices, I got mine for $6. MIP or Wera won't have this issue, stay away from chinese knockoff tools. The toolsets come in handy AFTER the initial removal. They used red loctite and you should re-seat with blue loctite.
You will never need high quality for 1.5mm i.e. safe that money.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00365EYJY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.miponline.com/MIP-Speed-Tip-Hex-Driver-Wrench-Set-Metric-3-1-5mm-2-0mm-and-2-5mm-9512

That hinge pin bolt above may need to be pulled out by force. Once it is unscrewed, if it doesn’t slide out it is bent from a crash. Looks like the guys here are taking good care of you so I’ll stay out of it. Only thing I’d add is to get a hardware kit or two from Jenny’s rc. The kraton6s one is oos but the outcast one is in https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-outcast/products/outcast-screws
It will have pretty much every screw you need plus and extra cross wrench to put in your carry bag.
Jim

Oh wow. Glad I asked. I put it back together and now the wheels won’t turn lol.

Doublecheck that your diveshaft is back in the cup and nothing is blocking the steering.
Servo seems fine but something blocking your steering, this is unrelated to what yuou have (should have) done, maybe an intentional sideeffect.
Was it working before you started? Possible that you've bend something when you had the hit.

Check the 'ackerman' plate (search the forum, tends to bend. A little more involved to remove.
Follow the mechanical path for your steering, servo is turning, servo saver is not turning i.e. it's probably underneath that entire steering hub.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back