Kraton Kraton Battery, what is everyone using now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chalmene

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ok, so I have pretty much convinced a buddy to get a Kraton as his next RC, and want to point him where to go as far as batteries. I've been running strictly SMC packs, but it looks like those are unavailable now? What packs are you guys running currently other than SMC, preferrably hardcase? Links if possible are appreciated.

Thanks

Ok, so I have pretty much convinced a buddy to get a Kraton as his next RC, and want to point him where to go as far as batteries. I've been running strictly SMC packs, but it looks like those are unavailable now? What packs are you guys running currently other than SMC, preferrably hardcase? Links if possible are appreciated.

Thanks
As far as I know SMC is still available from their website. Are you thinking of SPC, which has recently gone out of business?

I've been running strictly SMC packs, but it looks like those are unavailable now?
SMC batteries are still available. I just bought one and had it shipped to a member here for one of our giveaways. Only took a day or two to ship and then be delivered.

In addition, check out our thread What's your "budget" LiPo of choice? to get an idea what other LiPo brands people are running now. SMC and SPC (now closed) are probably the two most common.

Thanks guys, I just looked at the SMC site and looks like they are still going. I don't know what happened, last night everything said "not available", maybe it was old links. Feel free to delete this, thanks again.

Thanks

I just recently got my 2x3s 5000mah 45c gensacearespammers....soft...but im very satisfied with this brand....they feel almost underrated

I'm running rcjuice.com battery. They even have 5s bricks
In case you didn't know the stock electronics in Arrma vehicles can't detect 5s and will see them as a low charge 6s and won't run very long. The only way to run them is to run it in nimh mode with an external low voltage alarm.

I run a external lipo alarm when I run 5s. And I just switch it back to lipo when I run 4s.

Turnigy 5000 mAh 6S as of now. 20 tooth pinion.... getting close to 1/2 hour run time.

Planning to use our Kraton on 4S to start with 2x2s pack of 5900mah Zippy hardcase. What pinion gear would you recommend?

Planning to use our Kraton on 4S to start with 2x2s pack of 5900mah Zippy hardcase. What pinion gear would you recommend?

well the 12t standard is enough really. go for a couple of packs to get to know the car. if you wanna take it to the next level try 14t ;)
unless you play on breaking some speedrecord i wouldn't go higher than 14t, if temps ok etc

pretty sure it won't be long until you wanna try 6s :)

I'm running rcjuice.com battery. They even have 5s bricks
If you are talking about the Hobbystar stuff they sell, then I'll second them I can't solder for s#!t and have had good luck with their packs so far. One of very few places that sells packs with XT90 connectors and they are pretty inexpensive

Value hobby
5s tekin Rx8 esc

Attachments

• downloadfile-1.png
    downloadfile-1.png
    519.3 KB · Views: 50
well the 12t standard is enough really. go for a couple of packs to get to know the car. if you wanna take it to the next level try 14t ;)
unless you play on breaking some speedrecord i wouldn't go higher than 14t, if temps ok etc

pretty sure it won't be long until you wanna try 6s :)

Thank you for your response. Correct, not interested in speed as you say but yes 6s will be very tempting... But first let's go with 4s since it is for my son and there we'll go from there.

Last edited:
Lose track. Tomorrow morning running a zippy 6S brick. 5000mah 60c. Backup are the SMC 90c 7200mah 11.1v sets. With the HPI Goliaths on it- run my two 4S bricks. Both are 90c 6000mah but the turnigy is graphene.

Attachments

• IMG_0607.JPG
    IMG_0607.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 49
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back